Earth's Divinity

Weeping willows dangle their leaves low just above the creek that softly trickles down a small path leading to a river. Birds softly chirp high above in the canopy of the small forest, vine like flora grows around the trees and spreads beautiful violet flowers. Small mammal animals forage through the underground leaves for food and drink the fresh cool water from the creek. Here it is dark, with soft green lighting from the high above trees as the sun cannot break through their heavy branches and leaves. It is peaceful and quite here, with a soft cool breeze that passes by with delightful warmth from the sun’s rays that just pass through the canopy top and the sounds of the wild life are humble with such delicate sounds that could drift one off to sleep. Small spiders and ants climb up the rough looking bark on the trees, making their homes in safe places. A tiger passes by now arid then, sniffing the air with her heart shaped nostrils for any prey to be found. Each step is taken with caution; her orange, black and white pattern fur makes her a rare sight. Soft golden eyes gaze through the land; whiskers on either side twitch and feel through the air. Some call her Panthera Tigris others call her man-eater. Yet one must see through the eyes of the creature, for she is humble like the land before her, her feline features are beautiful with elegant colours, her paws are soft but hard like leather, her ears are black with a white spot on the back and show just how graceful she is when she leaps from rock to rock or swims through the cool water for fish. She is no monster, but a harmonious creature of earth, hunted for her elegance and beauty, for her strength and perfection. Long bangle like tail follows carefully behind her, not touching the ground yet not raised high in the air, swishing side to side now and then with a small twitch. Her teeth are large and her mouth softly parts and she gives a small lick of the air, tasting for the scent of her next meal or maybe a companion. Large white puffs of fur sprout from behind her jaws and around her facial area, making her look intimidating as she turns her head side to side scanning the area. The slightest touch of sun makes her orange fur seem like gold glowing off from her fur, with soft and exotic features of black lines gliding down from her back to her stomach and small patches of white seem to soften out the colours. And yet the softest sound of her purring seems to quiet the forest, as if all gaze in wonder at her grace and perfection while she strides forward.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!