Underwater Mayhem

I was cruising underwater in a submarine, I looked out the small, mossy porthole and I saw sea-life. I saw great big fish swimming past quickly, so close to me that I could just reach out and feel a spiked blur of scales. I saw tons of sharks, enough to fill a tank. I saw corals gently resting on the hard, stable rocks. I was in the Great Barrier Reef.
Suddenly the slow, round ship stopped. I saw mean, old fisherman taking away the beauty of the sea. No more great big fish, no more sharks and no more lovely coral. I had to do something about this take-over. I decided to go home to work on my plot.
Out of the blue an idea came to me. I would go down-town for inspiration. There were so many buildings down-town. I didn’t know where to start. There were small buildings. Those were usually workplaces, and tall buildings devouring the blue sky. I saw a building that camouflaged with the sky, the Aquarium. I would go there for help. I came through the shiny, silver lift doors and I was in the Great Barrier Reef again but I kept my mind on track. I was here to speak to the manager, so I went to find his office. When I got there a squeaky-voiced teen in bright clothes was guarding the entrance. I went up to him and shouted, “New burger bar, down the street!” He rushed downstairs so fast that he looked like a flash of light. I went into the office. At the desk was a bulgy, fat figure eating original chips. I asked him, “Do you know why those awful men are stealing the sea-life?” Immediately he shouted, “Preservation! Preservation is why I, I mean we are doing this. We take it from the sea then it goes to this Aquarium. Simple really!”
Once I knew it was for preservation I was completely fine.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!