Can You Hear Me?

Can you see the smile on my lips when I see you? But can you see the pain in my eyes when I know you can’t?

I call your name softly, but it is only a whisper.

Can you hear me…?

Do you see the tears I shed for you as I wonder where you are? Can you hear my sobs at night, as I cry myself to sleep?

Can you hear me…?

Do you hear my heart breaking, as I see you stand before me? Can you see me as I reach out to you, wanting desperately to hold you? Can’t you see that I’m longing for your embrace? To feel your skin against mine, as you tell me it’s alright.

Can you hear me…?

I cry your name once more. But you do not hear me. You never hear me, and never will. But I will always hear you and I will always see you. Even if you don’t see me.

You’re so close to me, yet so far away. My heart cracks in two as I watch you turn your back. I whisper to you, “please don’t leave me”.

But you don’t hear me….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!