Genocide

The Blades had started off as a guild, and were now a nation. They were true to their name. Every year they won the Annual Sword Championships. They were a reptilian race, with the body of a human and the head of a lizard, all covered in scales. They were also skilled gunners, and could hit a target dead-centre from one hundred metres away. They were the hunters, yet today they were the hunted.
After landing on a strange jungle planet, they found a unique plant. It was highly toxic, contact would kill you, but its berries were edible. But in the fumes of the ship the plants molecular structure was somehow changed. The plants were now vicious killing machines, hell-bent on destruction. They were vaguely humanoid, but they were made of plant matter of all kinds. They were the Spawn. You could not let them catch you, if they did you would be turned into one of them.
Out of one hundred only six Blades were left. They were: Wolf, Prototype, Spike, Stamina, and The Master who was the second boss of the Blades. There was also the Grandmaster, who was the first boss, and the other five were looking for him. Each Blade was armed with a machine gun, a pistol, and a sword made of electricity. They stealthily walked through a hall in the spaceship when abruptly ten Spawn dropped from the ceiling and moved in. They were easily obliterated, but Wolf was turned into one of them. The Master was forced to destroy him. On their way to the throne room, where the Grandmaster was sure to be hiding, they ran into some more Spawn and lost Stamina and Prototype. Finally they got to the Throne room. It was locked.
“Do you know the code?” Asked Spike. The Master responded by blowing the door down with his sword.
“Codes are for wimps,” he said as they moved in. The room was foggy, so foggy they couldn’t see.
“AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!” Cried Spike as he was dragged away by a vine. The Master heard a sucking sound, and out of the shadows emerged Spike covered in vines. The Master didn’t want to do this, but he deftly drew his pistol and with three quick shots the former Blade lay unmoving on the floor. The Master ignited his sword to get some light, it only illuminated part of the room, but it helped. Suddenly, a dark green shape flew at him! It was the Grandmaster! But he was not a Blade anymore he was a plant covered monster. He extended a thorny hand and slashed The Master across the face. He could feel the seeds turning him into a Spawn, but he would not give up. He staggered to the controls as some vines painfully erupted out of his chest. Just before he was taken over, he managed to push the self destruct button, blowing the ship, the small planet, all the Spawn, and the last Blade into oblivion.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!