Tales Of Applegate Orchids

As I walked across the courtyard which sparkled in the midday sun I came across an orchid that I hadn’t seemed to notice before. The leaves on the trees were as dead as mist on a cold snowy winter’s day yet the vast landscape was still one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. So I decided to explore this new environment.
I walked along a wonky path which was scattered with a particular flower that intrigued me very much, I stared at it for a while and then moved on until I came to an old cottage that had a strange looking door knocker, I did not touch it, instead I pushed the door open. I walked cautiously through this cottage, when I got stopped by the meow of a hungry cat. This cat told me it was hungry so I gave it some meat I found in the fridge of the cottage and also some water to drink. Then a polite yet upset looking ferret came up to me and told me that its paw hurt. I looked at it; there was a thorn sticking out of it so I took it out; the creature thanked me then scuttled of.
I left the cottage. I took nothing.
I found myself in a field where there were lots of horses. I gazed into the distance, and that’s when I saw a sign on a lamppost that looked forgotten. I ran towards it. The sign simply said “Snowy Forest”. I decided on which direction it was in, but then a strange thought struck me, “if I turn back now I will make it home very safely, but if I keep going then I will be on an adventure where unexplainable things may happen”, so I decided to keep going.
As I entered into snowy forest I noticed the same pink and white flowers I had seen before, then it started to snow. The forest now look magical and enlighting, soon after I had that thought I heard the medieval yet harmonized sounds of a violin. I followed this sound and came to the lady who was playing it. This lady told me she needed a songbird to chirp along to the soft tunes of the violin, so I found one that chirped along beautifully to it, I then gave it to her.
I walked along and that was when I found a stone that shone immensely in the sunlight. I had heard about these stones. If you have been a nice caring person within the last 24 hours then when you hold this stone it will take you to the most beautiful place you have ever seen. I decided to take a leap of faith and hold this stone. I did it.
And to my surprise I found myself back at Applegate Orchids where I had started my journey.
“So this is my most beautiful place on earth” I thought to myself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!