Rat Voyage


Prof. Smat edged his way to the front of the boat where the rats were huddled next to the Chief rats. Chief Swiss saw Prof. Smat and called him over. “We were waiting for you!” Smats face went white he was not sure it was right to travel to chameleon island, on a humans ship, Smat coughed “sir I don’t ”- Swiss laughed, “What are you talking about boy? It’s the best idea I’ve had in years!” Swiss put his hands on his hips and looked at Smat who was twisting his tail until it turned red “what could go wrong?” he chuckled, and walked back to the other chief.
Swiss got off the boat and breathed in some air, suddenly a creature ran under a bush in the shade. Rips scampered across the dirt under the bush, “don’t leave!” shouted Swiss. A laugh came from the bush; Just then a chameleon came out chuckling to him self, “why are you here rodents?” Swiss stared hard at him “and who are you?” said Swiss proudly, “don’t you mean who are we?” one by one all chameleons came out of no-where chuckling at the rats.
Swiss walked through the bush, surprised that Rips came out of nowhere. The chameleon grabbed Swiss by the arm, “so why on earth choose Chameleon Island?” Swiss gave in, “because our colony has ran out of food and as you know food plays a major part in our life!” The chameleon’s eyes grew narrower “you’ve done this before?” Swiss just focused on what he decided to said “you have food!” a loud chuckle broke out from all across the village “silence! Do you know anything about chameleons? You rodents have all sorts of food but we don’t!”
In the morning Smat woke up with a fright, in front of him was a sack of food and a boat to sail back home with the rest of the colony, or so he thought.
The chameleon in front of him turned around, “are you Swiss who came here yesterday?” he hissed at him, “yes I am, and what is this?” Swiss said ignoring how rude the chameleon was, “our Chief made up with you rodents and decided to send you back to where ever you came from.”
Swiss ran over to chief chameleon “what is the meaning of this?” chief turned “a good bye,” the chief paused “can I talk to you Swiss?” Swiss looked at him strangely “what is it?” Swiss said when they where alone, “we need to come with you, see we’re lacking food as well we need to move with you” Swiss grinned “ there’s room for all.”
Smat came up to Swiss on the boat to congratulate Swiss “Sir it’s been a pleasure” Swiss smiled “I told you it would be.”
Swiss and chief chameleon looked at the land approaching Swiss broke the silence “no need to go back now” the chameleon laughed “that’s something both of us can agree on.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!