Quiet Like The Snow!

I closed my eyes. I felt peaceful here. But although I had a really kid like persona I had my dark times. Times I never wanted to live again. I had destroyed people I loved because of it. I would never do it again. She died with a hatred burning inside of her. But I killed out of pure evil. I would never release the power inside of me. EVER! I felt a shiver pass through my body making me cold. I imagine possibilities of what would happen if I lost control again. I felt tears brim my eyes before I sat up and ran out of the house. I ran towards the forest surrounding me and shifted mid stride and let my deathly black form take over. I ran until I reached a clearing. I let myself fall down as I began to shake from tears. I shifted back and hugged myself. I felt weaker than I ever felt before. I let tears fall. All I could see was her eyes full or pain and horror as I shifted in front of her and let my powers loose. I couldn't hold back that night. I began to shake. I had to get a hold of myself or they would become free once more. That was something that could never happen. I felt my eyes change and my hair felt tingly as it too changed. I looked at my right hand to find my mark appear darkly. I began to scream out. The searing pain in my hand was excruciating. I began to feel breathless. I fell back onto the grass and lay there. My eyes dull with pain. I stared at the sky. Birds chirped in the distance. This once peaceful meadow now held a disastrous memory for me. My name is something I can't even mention now. Her nickname for me was cute with her accent. Her perfect voice. I closed my eyes and let the horrifying memories fly through. I remembered me reaching out and knocking her back with my paw. I wanted to mark her that night, make her mine. But it went wrong. I'm half wolf half vampire. My blood lust gave in and I began to tear her to shreds. I remembered her shrieks as if I was reliving the moment. The sound was ear splitting. I couldn't hold back my anger as I heard her voice telling me to stop. It was clear as daylight. But I ignored her that night. My eyes had brimmed red and my blood lust took over what control I had that night. I let it slip and it cost me greatly. I wanted to die. To see her again would make my day. I shook as I took out the knife in my jacket pocket. With shaky fingers I pulled out a note that I had written and clenched it tight before pulling the blade over my throat. “I'm sorry” I whispered before everything went black.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!