Get Me Out Of Here

“Run run for your lives” the principle screamed. I could fell ash filling my lungs. “We have to get out of here” Lisa screamed. I could see she was terrified. I scrambled to the door “I can’t open it” I looked at my hands they were burnt from the flames. Lisa staggered over to the door and managed to open it.
We ran my feet were saw and my head was spinning but I did not stop I couldn’t stop not now. Lisa fell over some rubble. “I think I broke my leg” she cried. She did I could see the bone sticking out. I dragged her though the corridor and out the door.
Then doctors threw me to the ground and started saying “ARE YOU HURT?” I could feel the doctors breath on my cheek. I punched the doctor and kicked the nurses. “COME BACK HERE TOM” the principle demanded. I kept on running I Knew what I had to do.
I could hear people screaming for help in side. I found two people and threw them over my shoulders and put them out side. My heart was pounding. I knew I had to go and get more people. Again the doctors tried to stop me but the principle said “let him go” they did.
I went back in to the school and collected more people. Smoke was filling the corridors and fast. I kept on going in and out of the school. My legs where wobble and I could barely breathe. But did I stop. No. No matter how sick I felt I kept going.
It had been 20 minutes and there were one person left and it was Miss L. “Miss L are you ok “........There was no reply all I heard was the sound of flames burning down walls. I checked her polls. She was gone but I could not leave here body to burn.
I picked her up tears running down my cheeks and ran out of the building. When I got out of the school I told the doctors it was too late and that she was gone. My tears washed the ash off of my face and gave me blood shoot eyes.
I could feel a hand on my shoulder it was the principle “It’s ok at least your safe” He said softly” look on the bright side you saved two hundred and forty six people!” My hart felt like it missed a few beets “did I really save that many lives!” the principle nodded. I sat there for bit thinking was this real or was it a dream?
A few weeks later I was awarded the medal of bravery. Everyone at school thanks me and no one teases me anymore and everybody says I am a hero and I always will be.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!