Can't Sleep

“Goodnight Mum” I said.
I lay my head on my pillow, Close my eyes and try to fall into a deep sleep ,suddenly, I remember that I have a maths test tomorrow on division and I haven’t been practising at all! What should I do? This will be a disaster!
“Ok there’s no need to panic, I’ll just practise in the morning”
I take a deep breath and softly put my head onto the pillow. I was just about to fall asleep when I suddenly remembered I had a massive fight with my friends. What am I going to say to them? Maybe I should talk to mum about it. Oh! But what if she is asleep. She hates me waking her up for a silly reason. She always thinks that my emergencies are silly but this time it is real!What if she thinks that this is very silly, then she will get angry at me and then we will get into a fight, And that will mean that I will be in a fight with my best friends and also my mum! What should I do? Ok I’ll just say I’m really, really sorry about the fight and I never want it to happen again. All right, bed time, just go to sleep.

Oh, I can’t do this, I can’t get to sleep !I need an early night because I have a really big day tomorrow and in dance class if you yawn once you have to do 20 jumps! To me that is completely unfair! What can I do? I can’t get to sleep, it’s impossible. All right, I’m just going to have to try to get to sleep. I wonder what the time is? I’ll just have a quick look at the time then go to bed. I look over my shoulder and have a peek at the time. Oh My God, it is 1:00am! Ok, I have got to get to sleep now.
I quickly put my head on the pillow and closed my eyes very tightly and keep thinking “Just go to bed, just go to bed.”
Oh no this can’t be happening, I have to work on my project that is due in two days and I haven’t even started. This is a disaster night. I need my 8 hours sleep or I will get very grumpy in the morning! Ok, I know what I can do; I’ll just clear all my plans and work on my division in the morning. At school, I will apologise to my friends, And after school, I will work full speed ahead on my school project and hopefully be finished! Ok, it is time for bed! Just get to sleep!!!!

Ring! Ring!
Ring! Ring!
Oh no this is unreal!
I can’t believe it.
It is morning and I did finally fall asleep
Today is going to be a good day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!