You Can't Trust Anyone...

It was a cold winter’s morning, term 3 had just begun. Young Lilly at the age of 11 is getting ready for school. Plaiting her long brown hair with a red ribbon at the end. Off to the bus stand, she walks along the long black winding road. Along side her, a black Ute pulls up. Out of the black tinted windows pokes out a long spiky nose, a red scar beneath the left eye. “Hello there young lady” Lilly hears in a croaky voice. “Oh, you gave me quite a shock there Freddy” Lilly mentioned. “Sorry darling, was just wondering if you wanted a lift to school?” Freddy questioned. “Yes please Freddy, I think I may have already missed the bus” Lilly replied. “Hop in”

As Lilly made her way round to the passenger door, Freddy was dancing in his seat “yes my plan has worked” Freddy snarled. In hopped Lilly. Suddenly the doors locked. A wicked laugh filled the car, Freddy sped off. “Where are we going?” questioned Lilly in a shaky voice. “You’ll soon find out” Freddy replied with a wicked smile that showed his horrid yellow chipped teeth. Lilly began yelling for help to the school kids walking by. But they didn’t seem to notice.
Shortly after they arrived at Freddy’s house. Freddy yanked Lilly out of the car by her long brown hair and guided her to the garage door. “Say a word and you’ll be sorry” threatened Freddy. Down to the staircase Freddy and Lilly walked, with tears rolling down her face.
Freddy threw Lilly to the basement floor, slammed the door padlocked close.

Ring, Ring goes the phone at Lilly’s house. “Hello Rosie speaking” Lilly’s mother answered. “Hello Rosie, this is the principal of your daughter Lilly’s school. I was just ringing to inform you that Lilly hasn’t turned up to school.”
“What! That’s impossible Lilly left for school this morning and she’s not the kind of girl who would miss school on purpose, but thank you for the phone call.” Lilly’s mother replied. “That’s alright Rosie, hope everything is ok.” Rosie threw down the phone in shock, tears rolling down her face. “HENRY” yelled Rosie with a shaky voice. Henry rushed into the room. “What’s wrong honey?” questioned Henry. “Lilly didn’t turn up to school today, something’s wrong” replied Rosie. “I’ll call the police.”

Ring Ring, Ring Ring…. “Hello?” answers Violet. “Hay darling, its Freddy here, are you able to come over for a couple of hours to help me with the dogs?” asked Freddy. “Yeah sure thing, see you in a minute” replied Violet. Violet runs down stairs. “Mum, dad I’m going over to Freddy’s for a couple of hours to help with the dogs” “ok, just please be home before dark” says Rosie with a sniffled nose and tears rolling down her face. “Love you both” Violet yells while running upstairs to collect her things.

Knock Knock goes the door as Violet knocks. A loud slam of a door and loud footsteps getting closer and closer towards the door. Open swings the door. Covered in scratches and bruises an old man stands in the doorway. “Come in darling, you must be freezing out there.” Violet makes her way through the door. Violet turns around to see Freddy with his yellow teeth showing as he smiles. “I’ll grab the dogs while you go down to the basement and get the leads” suggests Freddy. “Ok, be back in a second.” Walking through the hallway with the floor boards creaking Violet tries to find the basement. Finally Violet finds the right door that leads to the basement. “MMMMMMMMMM” Violet hears as she walks down the stairs. BAAAAAAM!!! Goes the door behind her. “HAHAHAHA” Freddy laughs. Violet runs up the stairs and begins banging on the door. “LET ME OUT!” she yells. As the tears stat rolling down her pretty face, makeup running, she gives up. Mmm mmmm mmm she hears again. “Hello, is anybody there?” mmm mmmm louder and louder they get as she gets closer. Violet turns on the light to find her younger sister Lilly tied to a pole with duct tape across her mouth. Violet slowly pulls the duct tape off young Lilly’s red lips and unties her from the pole. “What happened?, Why are you here?, What has he done to you?” questions Violet. “I was walking to school and Freddy pulled up and offered me a lift. Next minute he’s locked me in his car, speeds off, brings me here and ties me up to this pole” reply’s Lilly while bursting into tears. The two girls sit in the corner of the basement, shaken up and scared of what’s going to happen next.

A couple of days have past, no food or water, the girls still sitting in the same corner. Memories of back home rushing through their heads bringing tears to their glass blue eyes.

Meanwhile at home Henry and Rosie are filling out a missing persons report for their girl. “So are you sure there’s nothing else you can remember?” questions sergeant Ken. “That’s all we know, sorry we couldn’t be more help” replied Henry. “I promise on behalf of the police and detectives that we’ll bring your girls home safe as soon as we can and the person behind their disappearance will suffer serious consequences” Sergeant Ken adds in as he leaves. Henry and Rosie watch as the police car drives off.

“Is everything ok?” shouts Freddy from outside his house. Rosie and Henry walk over to tell Freddy the news. “The girls went missing a couple of days ago so we just filled out a missing persons report” Rosie says to fill in Freddy. “That’s horrible, what kind of sick person would ever do such a thing to two of the kindest most beautiful girls” says Freddy with a half grin covering the left side of his face. “Why don’t you come inside for a cup of tea or coffee?” suggests Freddy. “Ok that sounds like a good idea” replied Henry.

In through the old wooden front door Henry and Rosie walk. “Here have a seat I’ll put the kettle on” says Freddy. Freddy walks into the kitchen. In the basement the two girls are looking for a way out but all the windows are soldered closed. Lilly hears voices coming from outside the basement door. “MUM, DAD” Lilly starts yelling, Violet begins to join in. “Girls, is that you?” shouts Rosie. Henry spring up and pounces at Freddy. “What did you do you our girls?, Where are they?” “They’re in the basement, I swear I I didn’t do anything to them.” Henry and Rosie rush to the basement door to get their girls. Suddenly they turn around, Freddy’s standing there with a knife. Hearts beating faster and faster by the second. Freddy grabs Rosie by the hand and pulls her in front of him. “No don’t please” shouts Rosie. A slice across the neck, blood pouring everywhere, she drops to the floor. The girls scream with shock. Henry tries to fight Freddy but within seconds he’s laying in his own pool of blood on the floor. “If you want to live you’ll clean them up NOW!” said Freddy to the two girls.

Dragging the bodies out the back door to the shed, the young girls open the door to find hundreds up on hundreds of human skeletons piled in the shed. The girls in shock return inside. “From now on things are going to go the way I say” orders Freddy. Lilly and Violet to scared to do anything else agree.

It’s been five years since the murder of Lilly and Violets parents. Freddy hasn’t been caught. He has made the girls his slaves.
Still regretting their decisions the two girls made years ago about trusting someone they thought they knew, they still abide by the rules Freddy has set down in order to live. Hoping one day they’ll be free.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!