Camping Trip

BANG! Clapped the thunder, flash went the lighting! It seemed only centimetres away from the gum trees surrounding our campsite. We had setup for our girls only camping trip. Our campsite was overlooking the cliffs of the Blue Mountains. Suddenly it started to pour down rain. The thunder clapped, the lighting flashed but this time it hit a huge gum tree which fell down on our tent.

It took us by surprise and scared us both. We didn’t know what to do!! Georgie struggled to get the phone. It was in the tent with all our other camping gear and was now flattened on the ground. We were starting to get scared and wondered what we were going to do. While trying to get the phone out of the tent we got cuts and scratches to our arm.


Luckily Georgie pulled the phone out from the rubble and tried to get hold of her mum. Suddenly the phone cut out. She kept on trying with no luck. At home her mum was becoming worried as it was raining more and more. She decided to hop into the car and try to find us. Soon she found us near the tent. We were so glad to see her. We all hopped in the car. Suddenly we were bogged in the mud. We all tried to help get the car out but we were stuck. We were covered in mud and we starting to feel cold.

Mum got her phone out of the car to phone our dad but again the phone line cut off. We had bikes on the roof racks of the car so we thought we would ride home. Just then we saw our dad and we all hopped into his car and travelled home. When we arrived back home we had something to eat and drink but we couldn’t go outside because it was still stormy. We stayed in and played with some toys. Then we went to bed after having dinner.






Two Weeks Later, Georgie and Jessica went on a school camp in the same spot. On the School camp they went hiking on the cliffs of the Blue Mountains. They went past their tent that was still flattened by the gum tree. Soon everyone knew the about the destroyed tent and their lucky escape. The next day back at school Jessica’s brother wanted to know how our school camp was. We wouldn’t tell him want happened. Soon the day was over and we went home. These newspaper people came over and asked for us. They wanted to interview us for The Border Mail.
When the interview was over we were able to go to bed. On Border Mail’s front cover the next day there we were. When our mum dropped us off to school, everyone told us that we were on the front cover of The Border Mail.

By Georgia

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!