Banished

“Demon, err, banish, um.” “I couldn’t vanquish him because he’s unvanquishable.” “And now I can’t banish him because I can’t write a spell!” “What am I going to do Cosmo?” Xandia asked her cat. “Well what are you asking me for? “I’m just your everyday talking cat.” “How am I supposed to know?” “I don’t know.” Xandia said looking hopefully at Cosmo. “Okay then let me try again.” “But first I’m going to look through some books.” “Well why you do that I’ll go have a nap!” Cosmo replied sleepily.

*

About two hours later Cosmo was woken by a loud noise, it was someone shouting. So he ran upstairs to find Xandia. “Yes! I did it!” Xandia was shouting. “Cosmo, I’ve done it! I’ve finished the spell!” “Okay then, let’s hear it.” Cosmo replied looking interested. “Demon I see in front of me I banish you for eternity!” Xandia chanted.
“Very good!” Cosmo replied. Now all you need is summoning spell and a banishing potion!” “I think I’ll start by finding a summoning spell.” Xandia said. “Okay I’ll start looking through this book, ‘Summoning Spells for Witches and Warlocks!’
It should do the trick!”
She looked through the book for about half an hour until she found the spell. “Okay I’ve got that, so now I need to make the banishing potion.”
Soon after she was squeezing the cork into the bottle.” “That should do it.” She said happily. “Okay, now back to the summoning spell.” Xandia said while revising it through her head. “Okay then, I think it’s time, I’ll just set up these crystals so when I summon him it will make a force field that he can’t escape from.” “There we go, okay.”

*

And as soon as she said the last word of the spell
Zarlon (the demon) appeared in the circle of crystals. “What is this?” Zarlon said. “A trap!” Xandia replied. I couldn’t
Vanquish you so I’ll just banish you! “What?” Zarlon shouted.
“Demon I see in front of me I banish you for eternity!” Xandia chanted. And then she went to throw the potion. It went silent. Except for the sound of someone screaming…


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!