James The Ozone Saver

“Mum can I please go?” James asked desperately. He had been asking for ages. James had brown hair, fair skin and blue eyes.
“All right James” Mum said finally, combing her fingers through his soft brown hair.

At last James was on his way. He wasn’t actually alone. His father was with him.
“Look Dad!” James shouted excitedly. “The ozone layer!”
“You’re right!” beamed his father proudly. “Look over there.”
James looked where his Father pointed. “We must tell Mum and get her to tell people plant trees and save energy! Dad turn the rocket around now!”
“Aye aye captain. Yes sir!” shouted Dad.
“No playing around.” James said quickly.
When they both got home the week after, they told Mum about their space adventure.
“You have to help us save energy and plant trees,” James was saying. “Otherwise the planet will be too hot.”

Later, James was doing some research on the ozone layer, when four scientists walked up to him.
“What do you think you’re doing, young man?” one of the Scientists asked.
“Doing some research on the Ozone layer” whispered James, hardly daring to breath.
“Well, let me introduce myself. I’m Chris and this is Joe, Cooper and Mark.” Chris pointed to them individually. “By the way what’s your name?”
“James” he replied, feeling more relaxed. “Can I really be in your squad?” he asked more then amazed.
“Absolutely, you can be our researcher” replied Joe.
“I thought we could start by putting up posters on bulletin boards.” James explained.
“I’ll start typing up posters.” said Mark, who loved doing things on computers. The day after they got a call from an angry woman. She shrieked, “Is it true you are trying to save the ozone layer?”
“Yes it is.” said Cooper.
“Well I don’t think it’s true you saying there are holes in the ozone layer. Take those posters down!”
With that Cooper hung up. “Well, that went well.”
“More like it didn’t” James replied.
“Posters aren’t enough, I think we should put ads on television too” said Mark.

The next day, James and the gang went to a T.V. studio.
“Hello” said Chris rather cheerily. “We think we should make an effort to make less holes in the Ozone layer, so start saving energy.”
A week later they got a call from the T.V. Company “Our watchers don’t like your ads, so stop them.”
“There goes another chance” Joe sighed.
“I know!” James exclaimed. “Let’s start a website!
“We can ask people to make donations!” suggested Mark.

A few weeks later they got another call from the angry woman. “You can have
my full donation” she was saying.
Then they got a call from the T.V. Company. “We’ll run your ads,” they were saying.
“My Mum and Dad are going to be so proud of me!” said James.
And they were!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!