Unexpected Fortune

At a Chinese restaurant, a middle aged man opens his fortune cookie and reads the following message: "Your life is in danger. Say nothing to anyone. You must leave the city immediately and never return. Say nothing." 
This man, by the name of Mr Angkor was an average citizen of Tincora.
Being a supremely normal person, he immediately took the warning as a joke thinking "it is just a fortune cookie! How likely is it that this fortune is true? It would be as likely as a blue moon! 
Mr Angkor threw away the piece of innocent looking paper without a second thought. 
How wrong Mr Angkor was to just toss away that fortune. The piece of paper had contained all of Mr Angkor's future and since he threw it away, his future was looking to the worst. 
As Mr Angkor walked away from the chinese restaurant, he noticed a strange happening. A cold and windy storm was beginning to settle in the city. It had been a bright, cheery day when he first arrived at the restaurant but know it was different. A chilling breeze flew by, making litter on the ground rustle. The wind howled in the breeze sounding eerily similar to a real wolf. The night darkened and the moon vanished behind some grey clouds. Mr Angkor began to feel scared and vulnerable.
He looked around suspiciously as the world seemed to disappear. He was alone by himself on a dark alley lane. Mr Angkor felt dizzy and started feeling pressured to find a way out of this weird dimension. He started hyperventilating and muttering words of comfort to himself. It was of no use. Mr Angkor started to break down.
He started to sweat from the pressure. It trickled gradually from the forehead to the neck. The goosebumps arrived and flinched at every breath of the cold night air. The hair on Mr Angkor's body stood upright like soldiers and quivered from the shock of this nightmare reality. His legs trembled and almost buckled beneath him. They were like jelly and were wobbly and unstable. Mr Angkor was in a terrible state of shock. 
He thought it couldn't get any worse. Mr Angkor had no idea how wrong he was.
Just then, a shadow appeared, accompanied by the quiet slither of a snake.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!