Unexpected Incidents

I couldn’t really recall what happened today but all I know was that I felt someone cause a plague by crashing into me with an enormous momentum while I was playing handball with my friends at school. We were making comments such as, “You are serving the ball too low” or “You are serving the ball too high” and I got knocked off my feet in a few seconds without knowing it.

I landed on a banana peel and it made me slip a few metres away and I smashed on the ground headfirst. I kind of blacked out for a few seconds and when I opened my eyes, I looked at my right hand. “Oh My Gosh!”I gasped. I had actually maimed my right elbow and my palm.

I try not to panic and suddenly Robinson Crusoe knocked inside my head.

I quickly ran to the boy’s toilet to wash the blood and dirt away while my friends tried to console me by asking if I was alright. I turned on the cold water taps and when the water rinsed my palm, I howled in pain.

“Ouch!”I yelled at the top of my lungs since it hurt too much.

I washed the last of the blood and dirt away and I heard the teacher on duty exclaimed, “Do you need an elastoplasts spray bandaid?” “Thank you but no because I know how to take care of myself” I replied and I hurried back home after school.

I applied a few drops of antiseptic solution and I suddenly felt a painful numbness. My brain felt blank and I didn’t feel anything for a few seconds. My brain started to work again and I applied a few drops of herbal medicated oil on my injuries. The antiseptic solution smelt nice and fresh but the herbal medicated oil smelt worse than rotten cheese.“That is disgusting.” I relaxed my right hand and I thought it felt much better.

I laid down on my cosy warm bed since I was overwrought about today and I felt my blood gushing through my veins and my anguishing injuries leaving my body slowly.

I felt that a rest was what I needed to have so I got up from my bed and sat down on my comfortable chair motionless thinking of all the unforgettable events throughout the day. I woke up and I recognised it was just a dream. I looked at my hand in the mirror. There was a bandaid on my elbow. I screamed in panic. I looked more closely and I sighed in relief. It was just a bandaid stuck on the mirror. I felt a tingling sensation coming from my right elbow. It felt like a needle puncturing my skin. I pulled up my sleeve and Looked at my elbow in horror. There was a bandaid on it...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!