A Famous Saxophonist

Last month, something amazing happened to me. It all started with the music from a saxophone...
"Pepper!" I screamed. Pepper appeared at the top of the stairs sighing and tapping her foot.
"What?" she asked impatiently.
"Please stop jumping on your bed and screaming!" I said angrily stamping my foot and waving at my unfinished homework.
"Sorry but no, I'm listening to One Direction," she said rolling her eyes as if everyone knew it. I growled and sat back down trying to focus on my maths.
"And you've got that one thing!" floated down the stairs like a horn being blown into my ears. I gave up trying to finish my homework and grabbed my CD player and my CD... well what I thought was my CD.
I ran outside and sat down on a bench. I played the CD and what I heard shocked me. It was a saxophone playing an instrumental version of the song Starships. I couldn't believe it, it actually sounded good! As I listened to the music I realised I wanted to learn saxophone. I packed up and ran inside calling to my Mum.
"Yes Jenna!" she called back rushing down another set of stairs.
"Can I learn how to play the saxophone?" I asked eagerly and waited for a reply.
"I guess if you really want to," my Mum said surprisingly quickly. I silently thanked my Mum and walked away. Mum made some phone calls and told me I could start the next day.
I was so excited I couldn't concentrate all the next day.
My Mum drove me to the lesson and when I got there I gaped. It was the biggest building I had ever seen!
Everything from there on was a breeze. My first lesson was so easy I learnt how to play F#. Everybody said I was a natural! In my next few lessons I learnt how to play every note. Can you believe it, EVERY NOTE! I finally had a way to annoy Pepper!
Saxophone was the only thing I could think about. I was so good, I was invited to play with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. I practiced every day at home and played up on stage every night.
“Jenna!” Pepper screamed. I appeared at the top of the stairs sighing and tapping my foot.
"What?" I asked impatiently.
"Please stop playing that racket of a saxophone!" she said angrily stamping her foot and waving at her unfinished homework.
“Since when do you care about homework,” I asked my sister.
“Since now! While you’re playing that silly tin of an instrument, I’m the one left home with Mum, so she’s picking on me, making sure I do my homework. Thanks a lot,” Pepper replied exasperated.
I went on playing, louder, just to annoy Pepper.
Now, a month after I began learning the saxophone, I am one of the most famous saxophonists in the world!
Well, you better start researching the name Jenna Meredith.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!