Gaz's Planet

Hi! I’m Gaz from the planet Zaxona.
My planet is one of two planets in our galaxy. There’s Retez and there’s us. My planet has lots of plants and animals like our very common Mossy bug. In the night the Mossy bugs come in through our windows to deliver honey. Their honey is delicious!
It was a wonderful Sunday morning. I climbed onto the top of my house and saw a big hovercraft with a symbol on it. Then a Slimy Retezian appeared and to my surprise, she was selling these rectangular objects with faces. Then she spoke.
‘Hello everyone! I am here today to show you Retez’s latest invention, the “TECHOPET!” The Techo pet can talk and read. Buy one today! Thank you.’
She ends her speech and disappears. I go back home. I decided to go to my friend Susa's house but she was too busy playing with her TechoPet. I go and see grandma but she’s too busy feeding her TechoPet. Finally I go to visit my dad at work. I tell my dad about the TechoPet and he runs off to order one. I really didn’t want a TechoPet. They seemed useless so I decided to water my plant. My plant is like my best friend. It isn’t anything like a TechoPet but I am happy with what it is. After a few days the TechoPet has taken over the whole planet! No one ever talks to me. When I go over to Susa’s house she just doesn’t recognise me. Now I envy the TechoPet. Even my teacher at school gives us thirty minute breaks to play with our TechoPets. .One day I escape school while everyone is playing with their TechoPets. I walk around the forest area of our town looking at the tall narrow Laxer trees. I suddenly hear a noise.
‘Psssssssssssttt’
I turn around quickly. A red creature pops out. My eyes widen. The creature stares at me.
‘Hi, I need your help. The Mossy Bugs are gone. No one eats their honey anymore. They left to go and live with the mighty dragon. I need you to go to his cave down north of the forest. Please do help me and the Mossy Bugs.’
‘I will try’
I walk slowly through the forest. I reach the cave. The dragon is sitting before my eyes. I tell him we need to warn everyone about the TechoPets. He agrees. He then stomps towards the town. I run after him. The dragon lifts up one of the children walking by. The child squeals. The dragon is angry. ‘You’re forgetting about the Mossy bugs. They are important for our planet. They give you good honey. Do not forget!’
‘I’m sorry!’ says the child. I’ll tell everyone how important they are. The dragon says that this is a warning to everyone.
Days later a Retezian comes to our planet with the latest update to the TechoPet. I jump with joy as everyone says…..
‘No Thanks!’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!