Unexpected Love

A flutter of letters rushed from the door’s post box. Indigo Wilent was already awake, punching enthusiastically on her Apple keyboard. She stood up, nearly knocking tea onto her drafts. She reached over to the letters. Most were from her fans, only one or two were bills. Indigo, too annoyed to sit back down after getting up, picked up her tea and stood in front of the window. She flicked her dark brown hair back and gazed outside. Her hazel green eyes spied the mist.
The sun slowly climbed above the horizon. She could faintly see Big Ben and the London Eye standing stiffly under the white blanket. Indigo was disturbed by a sudden scratch at the door. She stumbled and rushed to the door. A big, sloppy lick welcomed her. Aqua barked happily then ran to her filled food bowl. Indigo chuckled then looked at some creases on her pyjamas. She tried to smooth them out on her slender body, but ended up causing more. She rubbed her nose then decided not to worry.
Aqua finished eating. Indigo smiled at Aqua lying on the floor, snoring. Indigo got back to work, but soon fell asleep on the keyboard. She had been through much in the past week- conferences, plane flights and non-stop writing!!!
A loud bark woke Indigo. The computer was full of random letters after lying on the keyboard. Aqua stood, glaring. Indigo glanced at the clock. Four thirty, no wonder Aqua was angry; it was hours past her walk time. Indigo quickly grabbed Aqua’s leash and ran out the door.
Indigo and Aqua jogged to the park. The air was fresh and warm.
Indigo freed Aqua from her leash. Aqua darted straight ahead, so fast that she couldn’t stop and accidentally knocked a man over. Indigo ran up to them but a brown hairball tripped her and she fell on top of the man. He groaned and the dazed Indigo quickly stood up and apologized to the man.
Their eyes met. Indigo felt a spark in her heart. The man was Lime Kaileson, famous author who wrote the series, Patterned Lies. Indigo looked at him closely. His eyes were blue with brown streaks, his jet black hair was combed back and his skin was tanned. The two commenced a conversation while Aqua and Lime’s puppy, Skye (the brown hairball) mucked around. Indigo and Lime watched the sunset. Radiant colours bloomed all around.
By twilight, Indigo was in Lime’s hands. LOVE!
Indigo suddenly jumped out of Lime’s hands and ran, directing herself through the misty night. Why, she didn’t know either.
Lime ran after her with the puppies trailing behind. Indigo stopped. Lime hugged Indigo, who was howling. Indigo wanted this more than ever, but she didn’t. She realized it was silly to cry with Lime there and stopped, then turned away.
There eyes met again yet they were closer. Lime lent forward and kissed her. Indigo felt the spark again.
This was the start of something special!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!