Painting

Their friendship painted a piece of art. Acquaintance drew out the basics perfectly. As time flew by the painting flourished and bloomed onto something wondrous. Two Roses were formed layered with soft petals that drifted with relish to the ground.
The painting was complete, no final touches were needed, after a wondrous effort of pleasure and dedication the result was magnificent.

For quite some time the painting sat on its easel, dwelling in it's glory, then suddenly one perceived they had fallen in love with the art, but in return the other shared no similar feelings.

Subsequently the painting was then thrown to the floor receiving rips through the heart of one rose, the art was no longer alluring.

They saw it was broken, the painting was left untouched once more.
Ultimately only one came back triying to repair the damaged rose, but in a fail attempt it looked no finer, still torn and broken.

Given time things became better, the painting's tattered rose was patched together, but was never completely restored to its former grace.
Even such, soon enough one grew weary of the art work and the other? They released that they no longer enjoyed its beauty.

Neglected again lay this painting alone, beautiful in heart but never quite the same in appearance again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!