ELDER

There was a deep roar that went through the Kingdom of Arumon. “DRAGON“ shouted the guard of turret four, King Jvar panicked in his throne room as the guards barricaded the doors. The king found his royal Guards on the balcony firing away at the incoming threat. He called them in for an escape party. As they went to find an escape route a low humming noise came from outside. Jvar frowned as it transformed into a scream, Jvar cursed as he ran from the dragon’s fire. Jvar hardly got to the Guards before the flame caught his robes. He tore the robe off as the guards showed him an escape route. He sprinted to the escape route, just before he got there he looked back at the castle he once owned, he realised how close the fire was and ran down the escape route…
The King’s Knight Soroc led a search party for the King with just twenty pikemen (troopers with long spears) and search dogs. With his short sword he ran out with the pikemen and dogs and led them to find Jvar …
Jvar looked at the survivors from the dragon’s attack. He had a feeling Dune the Warlord had something to do with it but Dune had earlier been defeated and retreated to the MINES OF GORBLE. Jvar must have been thinking for a while because the dragon had found him and he was right, Dune did have something to do with it, because he was leading a small army of Orcs (fearsome creatures that live underground in the Sonial Mountains) to slaughter the survivors. Jvar didn’t have an army with him but he had enough archers to cover his escape. The archers did that as he and twenty survivors ran for safety.
The Knight Soroc heard the sound of a battle in the distance; he pulled out his broad sword and ran to the battle. When Jvar looked back, he saw his archers were defeated and Dune had his broad sword out. Jvar noticed the young knight leading pikemen into battle against Dune, who saw them coming, so he raced to battle Jvar with his orcs.
While some pikemen went to get help Soroc finished the orcs off. Soroc then heard a scream as King Jvar was taken away by Dune. Soroc followed Dunes heavy footprints and after travelling for 3 days he came to the MINES OF GORBLE. He ran in and found the hidden prison cells, in which he was able to locate King Jvar. Soroc smashed the lock and helped the weak king to the exit. Just as they looked like escaping, Dune and some orcs blocked their exit and it looked like the end for the brave Knight and his King. Suddenly the Kingdom’s surviving army arrived and charged from behind and defeated Dune and his Orcs, but Dune managed to escape into the depths of the jungle never to be seen again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!