Rapunzel-Fractured Fairytale

In 2013, there was a 15-year-old girl called Rapunzel, who was a pretty, cheerful girl who was a cheerleader. One day, her parents were peering through her neighbour’s gate and saw a flamingo ornament that they really liked. So at midnight, they tip toed to the neighbour’s house and snatched the flamingo. But Rapunzel’s father stepped on a twig and that woke the neighbour (Mrs. DeManda). She took a torch and went into the garden. She shone the torch and found Rapunzel’s parents.
“A flamingo? You could’ve just asked instead of ruining my beauty sleep” she said tiredly.
“Well... we thought you wouldn’t give it to us...” Rapunzel’s mother replied “can we exchange something for it?”
“I want your daughter, Rapunzel” Mrs. DeManda demanded. Rapunzel’s parents nodded.
(THE NEXT DAY)
“Rapunzel, dear, we’ve decided something very important” Rapunzel’s mum said.
“C’mon, mum! It’s Saturday; can’t I sleep for 5 more minutes?” Rapunzel replied.
“You see, last night, your father and I had to exchange something for the flamingo in Mrs. DeManda’s garden... it’s... you”
“What?! Me?! For a lousy garden ornament?!” Rapunzel shouted angrily.
“We’re sorry, but... we liked the garden ornament A LOT” Rapunzel’s dad said as he walked into the room “You’re going today”. Rapunzel started mumbling curses. She packed her bags and walked over to the neighbour’s house.
“Hello, dear” said Mrs. DeManda. “Um, hi” Rapunzel said back.
“I don’t actually live here. I’M A WITCH! The only reason I wanted a wretch like you is so I can make an anti-ageing cream out of you for me!” Mrs. DeManda said, now getting closer to Rapunzel.
“Can you please back away? I can hear you breathing... and witches? Really? You’re so funny!” Rapunzel replied, laughing.
“I’m serious” Mrs. DeManda said, backing away. She pointed the finger at a spoon on the dining table and it bent. She transported herself and Rapunzel to a dreary tower. Now Rapunzel was scared. Rapunzel went inside. Mrs. DeManda was outside and locked all the doors. “No-one can help you now! Muhahahaha!” Mrs. DeManda cackled. Rapunzel looked out the window and cried.
“I can’t believe my parents did this...” Rapunzel thought sadly. After a while, it was night and she went to bed.
(THE NEXT DAY)
It was the next day and Mrs. DeManda climbed up the wall. “Now, Rapunzel, you can’t go to school. You have to stay here FOREVER! Also, I need to suck out some youth from you” she said and with that, she pointed her finger at Rapunzel and sucked out something skin-coloured and put it in a jar. She climbed down and walked away. The school heartthrob (Travis) was walking by. There was a ladder on the ground and he climbed it.
“I’m here to rescue you” he whispered to Rapunzel.
“Aww, that’s sweet!” Rapunzel whispered back. She took his hand and quietly climbed down. ‘Till now, Mrs. DeManda has never figured out where she is and she’s now living happily ever after, married to Travis.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!