Activity On Route 13


11:32 PM, JULY 6 2013

I sit up in my bed, restless. I took a glance out of my bedroom window, and starred with suspense. As a car pulled over onto the dusty, untamed road of Route 13, I began to come more alert. Two men got out of the car, and started walking down the hill leading to the murky lake with the ever so eerie wheelchair lying on its side in the middle. That’s when I started to wonder, why on earth would two men, at 11 O’clock in the night, go down to the dirty, creepy road of Route 13? I couldn’t see much from my perspective, and I sure as hell wasn’t going out there, but I could see some torchlight bouncing of the trees, and I could hear some voices, but they were too far away to understand clearly. I wanted to keep watching, even though it was utterly pointless, as nothing much was happening, for now. But if I go to sleep, I might miss something crucial. I decided to go to sleep, I was half asleep, and I knew already that I was going to be deeply tired in the morning. The worst thing to do now is
to try and stay awake.

8:02 AM, JULY 7

I woke up, shocked and puzzled as to why I woke up so early after getting so little sleep, and I wasn’t even tired, why? It doesn’t make sense. Anyway, I wanted to get an early start to the day, so I could call a friend to come over and check out the nearly abandoned road of Route 13. I scoffed down a quick breakfast of Vegemite on toast, threw on some old cloths and called Nathan. “Hey Nathan, it’s Peter, um, there’s been some freaky stuff going on at Route 13, I wanna check it out but there’s no way I’m going down there by myself, so… I’ll be there by 8:30” he interrupted positively.

8:34 AM, JULY 7

Nathans Mums car pulled up in our driveway overlooking the seemingly dead trees enclosing Route 13. As they got out of the car, our parents began to talk, which would usually last for a while. Seeing as Nathans only 15, he couldn’t drive himself here, with is why we can’t hang out all that often, plus we live quite far away from each other. I’m 14 myself, so the option of me driving is crossed out. Our parents finally finished talking so I led Nathan inside and explained everything to him.

8:51 AM, JULY 7

“So let’s go down there and check it out” I eagerly pronounced. Without even confirming Nathan was even coming, I jogged out the door and sprinted to the hill. We crept down it with caution in every step. We reached the murky pond, and noticed an old farm shed deep beneath the trees. Without thinking, we snuck inside, and realized we had made a horrible, horrible mistake.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!