Jake

It felt just like your average summer day, the sun shining, birds chirping.
I was wrong.

I walked into my drama class and sat at the end of the room on a stool. Everyone was unusually quiet. Not thinking any more of it, I pulled out my script and headed for the front of the room. As I walked past the windows on the left side of the room, they shook violently and smashed inwards. Being covered in shards of glass, I ran for the door, only to find a girl standing with her palms facing me. She was tall, thin and had long black wavy hair that hung to her waist. She mumbled something under her breath and suddenly I was thrown to the back of the room. She strode over to me and towered over me. Scrambling backwards my back hit the cupboard at the far end of the room. Sorting through my options in my head, I quickly reached my hand around the side of the cupboard, searching for something, anything. My hand came across something long; I whipped it out and struck the girl around the waist with a long cylinder of paper. She stumbled to the side. I jumped to my feet and ran for the door; I was just about to reach it when it flung shut. “Bad move” she said, giving an evil laugh. The girl reached her hand toward me, just before her fingers reached me a giant roar came from outside the room. Next thing I knew, a werewolf had jumped through the window and was running toward us. As the girl stood there in disbelief, I bolted for the door. My hands were wrapped around the handle when I heard a scream. Turning my head, I knew immediately I shouldn’t have looked. The werewolf’s jaws were secured around the girls neck. With a quick whip of his head the werewolf snapped the girl’s neck. I stood motionless as the giant creature approached me. As I looked up the werewolf turned into a human. Not believing my eyes. The werewolf was my brother. Jake.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!