Back Like Before

“Haha, catch me if you can!” the blonde girl shouted as she ran through the grassy field. The black haired girl chased her with a massive smile plastered her face.
“Look out Violet, I’m coming,” Lauren yelled back as shadows started to curled around her, causing her to disappear into thin air. Violet giggled and looked back, stopping in her tracks. Lauren reappeared behind Violet and tickled her, causing her to fall to the ground. Violet shrieked and pulled Lauren down with her. After a minute both girls busted out in fits of laughter.
“I’m so glad you're back from Ireland,” Violet managed to say without laughing.
“It was so fun; I have to take you there with me next time I go,” Lauren replied. “Oh I’ve missed you.”
“I’ve missed you too, Lauren,” Violet said, wrapping Lauren in a giant hug.
“Oh I got you something, you should enjoy it,” Lauren told her while smiling. She opened her bag and pulled out a box wrapped in purple wrapping paper.
“Hehe, what is it?” Violet asked eagerly.
“Not telling!” answered Lauren, Violet ripped off the purple wrapping paper and took the lid off the box; she gasped and stared at what it contained for a little while.
“Gosh Lauren, it’s wonderful and I love it! Thank you so much!” Violet told her friend and wrapped her into another hug. She carefully took the beautiful blood red necklace and matching earrings out of their case and Lauren helped her to put them on. On the inside of the case was a note. ‘Happy birthday my beautiful girl, hope you had a fantastic day. Love Lauren xo’
“Oh Lauren, I can’t believe you did this for me,” she said happily.
“That’s what’s friends are for. Besides I had to get you something and I was in Ireland on your birthday.” The girls laughed and chatted for two more hours then hopped off the grassy field and chased each other home. Everything started to feel back like before again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!