George, The Boy Who Wanted A Friend

Chapter 1 George and Jason
His name was George, he wasn’t very popular and only had one friend called Jason, Jason was a tall boy that people didn’t like to be around, they all thought that he was a bully even though he had never beaten up anyone in his life.
They both were in the same class, 6OA and sat at the back of the class to avoid name calling and spit balls being shot at their necks. At recess and Lunch, George and Jason usually stayed inside the classroom and played video games on their Netbooks, this caused the other kids called them nerds
The two boys lived across the road from each other, and often stayed over at each other’s place for the weekend. The two would play Cricket, play the PS3 or play the Wii, this happened every weekend until a new student came to school, Tom.
Tom didn’t have any friends at this new school so George and Jason thought they would try to befriend him, “Hello Tom” said George “Hey, do I know you?” asked Tom, he wasn’t the social sort of person so he didn’t like to talk. “No, you don’t” replied George “we were just wondering if you wanted to be our friend”
“I don’t know” muttered Tom “do you guys like Cricket?” George and Jason paused and started to laugh “Who doesn’t like cricket!” shouted Jason barely able to talk “Come on, come to my place after school, us three will play Cricket.
Chapter 2 the New Kid
George wasn’t happy that they had to go to Jason’s house for Cricket, he had the better backyard pitch for starters, and to sum it up, George thought he deserved to be Tom’s friend more than Jason did. Still, Jason was still his friend so he realised not to be Jealous and just go play Cricket.
But when George got to Jason’s house, Tom and Jason were already playing without him! George was furious and shouted “WHY ARE YOU PLAYING WITHOUT ME!!!” to which Tom replied “we were tired of waiting for you so we started, you did remember to come at 5pm, and not 5:30pm did you?” “Oh” sighed George “I’m sorry”
“So, can I bowl?” asked George “after this over” replied Jason
Chapter 3 The Truth
At school it was getting worse, Tom and Jason were getting more popular, and in class, Jason hardly ever talked to George anymore, which caused George to get very angry and upset. Until finally in class he shouted “alright Jason, I’m sick of you ignoring me!!! I declare a fight to see who should be friends with Tom!!!” Just then he woke up to find himself in a room filled with white, there was a man shaking him to tell him to wake up. “Where’s, Tom and Jason?” he asked. “They’re not real” replied the man in white, “you made them up because you were lonely and you turned crazy” The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!