Geek Or Chic

Geek or Chic

Bella trudged in late for class. The short, fat, girl who every body teased had transformed into a tall, skinny, beauty bomb with beautiful hair and perfectly styled hair.

Bella sat with the popular girls after they begged her to. They were whispering about the girl who was on the M factor last night. A tall, skinny, girl with beautiful makeup and perfectly styled hair. Bella wondered to herself if they were going somewhere with this. She had actually won a makeover, but all her classmates thought she was the mystery girl from the M factor who missed school yesterday to make the audition! She faintly heard a “Bella, Bella”! she finally came back to reality. The girls asked her “are you by any chance the mystery Bella from the M factor”? “Yes”, whispered Bella. She couldn't control herself she had to, she had finally reached her goal – popularity.

Being the school star Bella was asked to perform at assembly and as for her lies they grew bigger and bigger. She even claimed her mum had told her told her to keep her talent a secret and disguise herself as a geek. Bella had dreaded this moment for days. Assembly had come. Bella had tried her best to sing but there was no denying it, she was a terrible singer. When the school heard her they weren't impressed. Some were doubtful of her story she continued to be mean and snigger with the popular girls and talk about people behind their backs who are in the same place that she used to be in. Deep down inside of her the real Bella was ashamed of what she had become.

The lies were out of control she couldn't even walk out of her house without a police escort! Her classroom, school, and even her house were surrounded by mobs of screaming fans. Her whole life was an impossible lie. \

The next day when they were in class the principle stomped in and exclaimed at the top of his lugs “ IMPOSTER” and behind him was a TV showing a LIVE performance of the real Bella. She was busted. Her identity let out.

3 years later...
Bella now has a family and the incident at high school was long gone. Bella never told a lie again. Well maybe just a little one.


By Maya Herath

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!