Can't Wait Till This Afternoon

I wake up and cross out yesterdays date on the calender. Awesome. The 21st of January 2003. "Today's the day!" I yell with glee. Hi my name is Tess Winzer. I have blonde hair, blue eyes and I am about one metre forty-seven, most people think that I am short but I don't mind.

I dream of being a zookeeper, maybe a singer or maybe an actress. Well, I don't know which career I will end up encountering but I am sure it will be the best one. I am 12 years old and that means that I am in Grade Seven. I live in NSW, Haven Bay and today is the best day of my life.

"Come on Tess, otherwise you will be late for school." That's my mum. She is the best mum ever. Sometimes I get a little lonely as I am the only child but not very often as I always have Mum to play and fight with. "Coming Mum." I quickly ate my breakfast, brushed my teeth and finally brushed my hair and put it up in a nice neat pony tail. As I got on the bus as always I went to the sixth seat to the left because James (my best friend in the whole wide world) and I always sit there.


"Hi James," I said. "Oh, hey T," James answered. You see my friends call me T, it's short for Tess. We got to school and the bell rang and everyone raced towards class but as usual James and I just walked and talked our way to class. James is the same age as me which is good because means he's in the same class as me.

The teacher started with the role and then some litracy groups and before you knew it, it would be lunch time. I am so excited for this afternoon. I just can't wait. James and I got let out to lunch, I still am excited for this afternoon, I can't stop thinking about it. We had our lunch and then played some handball. I am so excited and I just wish time would go faster. The bell rang and James and I went back to class.

We sat on the carpert and the teacher told us that we had to finish our story for English and I only just started it. (UH OH.)But I was so excited that I couldn't think straight and got detention tomorrow to finish it. The last session of the day came and went and eventually I got home.

"Tess, honey, it's time to go," Mum said.
I jumped into the car and we drove to the airport and Dad was standing at the front. I sprinted out of the car and hugged him. After nine months Dad was back from the Army and finally home to stay and stay forever.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!