GET OUT OF MY HOUSE

Day 1
Finally we got there after a 5 hour drive! I don’t know how I waited that long. It was weird. I normally can’t sit still for a long time. The place was dark and damp. It didn’t look right. I don’t know why. My little sister was terrified as if she didn’t like it. I didn’t like the place. I hated it, and the worst thing was THAT’S OUR NEW HOUSE! WE NOW LIVE THERE!
I was looking around the house and it was all creepy and dark. It looked old and no one had lived there for a very long time. It was dusty and really messy. It had 2 bedrooms - 1 bedroom for me and my sister, and 1 for mum and dad. The bathroom had a thick layer of dust and the metal pipes were corroded with rust. The house had no lights so we had to use candles.
I woke up in the middle of the night with a scratching sound at my window. I didn’t know what the sound was. So I looked at the window and I saw a piece of paper. I picked it up and read it. It was weird; it just didn’t make sense! I didn’t know whether to believe it or not. I was so confused. What did it mean? The note said:
GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!!!
Was it just a prank, or was it real? Oh well, it was probably just a prank…
Day 2
I woke up with the melodic sound of birds. I looked for my sister; she wasn’t there so she must have been in the kitchen having breakfast. I got up and walked out of my room to have breakfast.
I was really excited because it was my BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! I couldn’t wait because I would get to have a delicious breakfast. But when I got to the kitchen my sister wasn’t there.
I asked mum and she said, “I thought she was with you”.
We looked everywhere! I was so worried; maybe she was hurt. And then I remembered about the letter. I wondered if it was about that creepy letter. So, I went to go tell mum but I couldn’t find her.
First Candy, my sister, and now mum. They’re gone forever; it has to be the letter! Next it would be dad or me that goes missing! I knew this place was haunted. This was the worst birthday ever!
Day 3
I woke up and saw Candy in her bed healthy and not hurt. I thought she was gone forever. I went to mum and dad’s room and they were still there. So I said “I thought you disappeared”.
Dad explained, “It was a birthday prank. Everything was set up.”
Then I asked, “Even the letter?”
“What letter…”




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!