Genie Of The Kettle

Isn’t this the most perfect way to start the Summer Holidays, shopping! My mum was thinking of buying a new kettle because our other one broke. So my mum and I are standing in the kitchen aisle of the department store looking for the perfect kettle. “What do you think about this one,” said mum. “I don’t care,” I said. This is basically my life. ‘The Life of Jack McNifer’ that would make a good book, don’t you think?
“OK we’ll take this one,” she said. “Finally!” I said, relived. ”It has a nice shine to it.” When we got home Mum plugged it into the nearest power point. "Looks nice my dear. What do you think Jack?” My dad said, “It’s ok, I guess,” I said, to tell you the truth I wasn't really listening.
The next day, I saw a little smudge on the kettle; it’s small but very noticeable. So I ran over there and rubbed it off, but as I was, a cloud of smoke came out of the kettle. I was frightened by this because the smoke was starting to form into a human! “Who are you?” I screamed. Suddenly the person stretched out and said, “Hello master.” I was confused by this point; I thought it can’t be a genie, can it? I asked, “Are you a genie?” He replied, “Yes.” “So I get three wishes,” I asked. “Yes,” he said. “What will be your first wish master?” I said, “Wish… I wish for one million dollars.” “Your wish is my command.” He clicked his fingers and a wallet appeared in front of me. “Cool!” I said. “My second wish, I wish for a mansion made of diamonds!” He clicked his fingers and whistled like a kettle and it appeared right in front of my house. “Your final wish master?” The genie asked. “I wish to be famous,” I said and just then, on the TV the reporter said, “News just in, the young super star Jack McNifer has just been seen in his pure diamond mansion. We cross live to one of his loving fans. Miss what is it like to see THE Jack McNifer?” He passed the microphone to the fan. “It’s so awesome!” she screamed. I turned off the TV and walked outside to see my adoring fans. “Wow!” I said surprised “So, master, can you put me back in the kettle now?” he said. “Ok, how?” I said. “By rubbing the kettle again,” he said. “NO WAY, I am not touching that thing again, it’s so dirty!” I said. “But master…” he said “No!” I shrieked. “I’ll give you a fourth wish,” he said. “OK fine,” I said finally. I walked over to the kitchen and said my last wish “I wish to never go shopping again, and I mean NEVER again.” I reached over to the kettle. I started rubbing it as the genie said, “Goodbye Jack, I hope to see you again.” I replied “Goodbye genie.”

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!