Elaborate Dreams

There it was, a looming figure ahead of him.“Ahh!” I shouted as I headed full steam ahead towards the scarred black bear. A swift flick of my wrist and it was over. I had won! The crowd chanted my name, “Laron, Laron!” “Get up Laron or you’ll be late!” I bolted upwards and banged my head on the wall. “Oww!” I screamed. “Good you’re up Laron, have a shower and get dressed then come down for breakfast.” I got ready with haste and sprinted down stairs. Dad looked up from his newspaper, “You looking forward to your big day son?” “Of course, I’ve been waiting for this day forever!” “Well you’ll have to wait a little bit longer, breakfast is ready,” Mum said as she gave us our breakfast. I wolfed down some bread and cheese and then Dad and I prepared to leave. “Do you know which guild you want to apply for Laron?” “I’m not sure, but I want to try to join one of the more exciting ones.” We departed and headed towards the town. I’ve always had this feeling I was destined for greatness and that I would always fulfil my dreams, like there was something undefinable about me which symbolised that. But today is the day I see if my feeling was correct. At last we arrive, greeted by a large banner saying, “All guild recruits go to the town square.” When I looked at these words, a mixture of nervousness, anxiety and excitement began to race through my veins. My dream now is within my grasp. Within a minute we were there, filled with tension. After what seemed like a lifetime it was time. The guild masters came onto the stage, wearing clothes unique to their guild. The town elder came onto the stage, welcoming us and asking for all of us to enter the town hall to fill out our applications. With those words, there was a rush to get inside. When I entered there was the normal crowd of people awaiting the calling out of their name. “Would the following people please come with me, Leroy Kang and Laron Blitz.” We were lead to desks where we were asked to fill out our guild applications. I studied the list, shaking my head at all the guilds on the list except one, The Warriors Guild. I grabbed the quill and signed where require, then giving the paper back. Once the applications were finished up, all the boys who had applied for the same guild as me were lead to an arena. We entered and found ourselves seat and finally, I was called upon and saw my opponent. The black bear. The sight of it sent shivers up my spine. I brandished my sword and headed straight at it and before I knew it, I had killed it with a thrust to its head. The guild master appeared before me, acknowledging me as the newest member of the guild. My dream was becoming reality.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!