A Dream Come True

And the winner is… “Claire! It’s 6:30 and that means that you should be getting up!” All I could see was the outline of a small woman with a shining light behind her. It was Monday morning and this meant school. As I was getting dressed I thought about the dream I had dreamt the night before. I was with my friends Lauren and Maddie and we were competing in a talent quest. We were up against a boy band who acted as though we didn’t even exist and we were in the grand final. Just as the host was announcing the winner I was woken up. What if I had of kept dreaming for just one more minute? Would our group have won or would the snobby boy band be the victor?
“Guess what?” Lauren was nearly dribbling and doing back flips at the same time because she was so excited. “What?” Maddie and I said unenthusiastically. “I was eating breakfast this morning when I spotted an article in the newspaper that my mum was reading. It said that a state wide talent quest is going to be held here in Tassie. But to make things even better the head quarters for the quest is going to be held here in Herrington!” “Are you being serious?” Maddie was starting to get excited too. “Yep!” “What do you think Claire?” Lauren said, sounding a bit more calmed down than before. “Well I think it’s all a bit weird.” “How is a talent quest ‘weird’?” Maddie said sceptically. “I had a dream last night that the three of us went in a talent quest and we were in the grand final.” “Us three? You’ve got to be joking. Imagine us singing in a proper talent quest with a real audience!” Maddie said. “Actually I don’t think it’s a bad ideal. I think we should enter because I can play the guitar and you guys did a duet last year for the school choir, so you two could sing,” Lauren said in a more serious tone. “I wasn’t saying we should but…” “What have I told you before about silent reading girls? Here’s a hint. The SILENT part!!” Our English teacher Miss Donason hates it when people ignore her instructions. “Save it for lunch girls,” and with that she was gone.
“I think we should start practicing,” I suggested. “Why don’t you two come around to my house tonight and we can practice out in the garage.”
Weeks went by and the girls were practicing hard. Every Wednesday and Sunday they would practice for hours, getting every lyric and every note correct. Finally it was time. The auditions were being held and they were ready for it. They knew their song inside out and when it was their turn to perform everything went to plan. After roughly a month, the girls received a letter from the talent quest. They had gotten into the next stage.
After all this I was thinking the same thought over and over again. Look where dreams can take you!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!