Mad Machines



When you hear the cries of a young boy, you know it’s at it again.

It took its time to catch its next victim but I guess the news had spread around about the horrible monster!
After the cries and screams settled down, we added another kid to the list. The school had so many kids until this terrible nightmare began.

The next morning at school, all the kids were talking about the disaster that occurred yesterday. I saw the brother of last night’s victim. His name was Tim. As I walked closer he got up and walked away. When my friends and I were walking home, I saw Tim walking the way he never usually goes. I thought I would leave my friends and follow him. I have personally never seen whatever was taking the kids and never really have wanted to. After following Tim for a while, he turned a corner so I sprinted to him in case I lost him. “Somebody help me!” I was shocked to see him with his leg in what looked like … a Bin!

I quietly crawled over and jumped onto the bin. I saw a claw swing in the corner of my eye and then smack. I heard Tim’s laugh then saw a remote control in his hands. The next thing I knew I woke up in a hospital with a black eye. For days, I was struggling to see. I was in hospital for around 5 days but it seemed like a month had gone past when I finally got out. The police were trying to track this deadly machine down for as long as I can remember. They finally got S.W.A.T. involved to take this mean machine out.

After tracing yet another cry of Tim’s, they rocked up on Runaway St then saw the machine attacking Tim. They looked to the left and saw a remote that looked exactly like the one Tim had before. The machine took it to the next level and pulled out heavy guns. While the S.W.A.T. was blocking the bullets, the leader got the remote and shut down the machine. Tim fell to the floor unconscious and got taken to the hospital.

Mum and dad were waiting for me just outside our car. Mum gave me a hug and said she was so worried about me. On the way home just leaving Runaway St, I saw a washing machine with a remote on top of it…..

By Christian Harrison

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!