You Can Try But Will Always Fail.

My name is Jack Harlow, I'm 13 and I'm in the middle of my execution. I was being charged for murder. I didn't do it though, my twin brother did.

"Jack you have been charged with murder!" I heard the executioner say. "I DIDN'T DO IT!" I yelled back. I had to break out. Then there was a gunshot. I closed my eyes and I waited for it to hit. But it never came, I opened my eyes I saw the executioner on the ground with a bullet in his head and blood pouring out. There was another gunshot. It hit my shackles. I quickly jumped up and ran "You can't hide Jack!" I heard general Collier yell. Then I got hit by a bullet straight through my heart. I awaited the darkness and it soon came the darkness...

"...idiot... didn't have... kill...!" I heard a faint voice say. I was weak. I felt myself at the bottom of a cliff and life was up the top. I tried climbing but couldn't. I needed help. Frantically I yelled for anyone but no sound came out, I was scared. No I was more then scared. I was dead. Suddenly I felt pumping on my chest. I was getting stronger. I started to climb and I got higher and higher. I was nearly there but the pumping stopped. I fell back down.

I was falling, I embraced myself for the fall to end. But I fell straight through the floor. I woke up to a beeping noise. I was too weak to open my eyes "Come on Jack. Wake up." I had to indicate I was alive some how. I then felt a hand in mine. I tried to squeeze. I gathered all my strength, and found it. I squeezed and squeezed. "He's squeezing my hand!" the person yelled then I opened my eyes. It took a moment for me to adjust to my new surroundings. I saw myself. But I soon realised it was my brother.

I was out of hospital a few weeks later back to the start. I was being executed. But this time so was my brother. My brother was first to go. When the axe came down I winced. His head rolled to my feet. I looked at his terrified face. It couldn't end like this. No it can't. I started to cry. But then I was knocked down to my knees, and my head lay there. I embraced myself. I could feel the air between me and the axe. I felt it go up. Then it came down, I let out a small yelp, there was a lot of pain. But it soon subsided. This is me now, the underworld is my home now. I was in hell. I worked hard but death for me would never come.

I will die a happy man if I get out of this hellhole. But there was no way out. Only an entrance. I often wonder, Why me?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!