Earthquake

“Earthquake!” I yelled, I hugged my friends, I was so scared!

One hour before….

I live in the savannah with lions, zebras and a whole lot of other animals, I live here because my parents are Zoologists they want to make the most realistic Zoo ever so I am just here for the ride, my siblings Lucy and Rhianna are always on the technology gadgets,

but I go out into the genuine world and go out into the savannah I’m not going alone though, over the years I have gained friends not real friends because they’re not traveling with me, I have animal friends that I take with me to the locations of Africa we travel to, my parents let me keep them in our bus in the back section where we hang-out.

But one adventure was near, the coast of Africa, my parents were studying some type of bird that I have forgotten. I asked my parents if we could go to the beach for a swim, they nodded I screamed in excitement. I grabbed my friends and ran down to the beach.

We ran into the water apart from Galelayo he is a lion and is absolutely scared of moving water so he sunbathed in the sun cleaning his fur. I was in the sea with Sulki he snorted water up his trunk and sprayed it all over me. I laughed in joy, in Sulki’s eyes I could see enjoyment.

I started to feel the ground shaking underneath me, like a herd of elephants stampeding, Sulki’s ears pricked it wasn’t elephants. Galelayo was in a tree now hanging on for dear life. I felt that I should go in the tree as well, whatever it was it wasn’t a sign off good.

Sulki was as scared as, she couldn’t get in a tree she was enormous compared to a tree. Sulki sprinted off in a completely new direction I sprang onto her back and rode her but Galelayo was all by himself I called him, he sprang from the tree to me, and hanged on.

Wherever Sulki was sprinting off to, I hoped that the ground wasn’t trembling where she was going.

I had been listening to the sounds of the ground I recognized what it was now it was an earthquake, I yelled out to Sulki and Galelayo “Earthquake”, I directed Sulki with her ears to my parents I couldn’t find them they weren’t where they claimed they were going to be.


“Earthquake!” I yelled, I squeezed my friends, I was so frightened!

Waiting for someone to hear me no-one heard me.

The earthquake had passed I had found the bus it was on its side my parents were squished underneath, deceased. My sisters were nowhere to be found.

I grieved all over Galelayo and Sulki I decided to become a wild girl living with African animals to survive.

If you are ever searching for me just say your searching for the Wild Girl!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!