Lightning Bolt

There once was a racehorse called Lightning Bolt. He was known to be the greatest racehorse on earth. He won every single competition he ever entered. He was a racehorse legend. The man who rode him was a very smart, kind looking man called Oliver. He had been riding Lightning Bolt for as long as he could remember. One day after a race, Oliver was putting Lightning Bolt back in his stall and he discovered a little bump on his leg. For the first couple of days Oliver didn’t worry about it but after a week the bump started to get serious so Oliver called the vet straight away. The vet took lots of tests and two days later Oliver had found out that Lightning Bolt had got an infection. The infection had gotten worse over the last few weeks. Probably from at the start of the race to get to the front of the pack other horses had kept bumping in to the infection which had caused swelling and it to get infected. The vet said for the next couple of weeks, even the next couple of months, Lightning Bolt won’t be able to race. When Oliver told everyone they were all devastated. They all thought that it was the end of Lightning Bolts career. He wasn’t able to race for about two months but lucky after two months of full on treatment he was back on track to being a racehorse legend. Later on in the year both Oliver and Lightning Bolt traveled to China to compete in the World Cup Final against the best racehorses in the entire WORLD !!!. Before this they had just been racing against the local racehorse’s which weren’t the best competition but good practice from when it gets big like this event in China. They had been waiting for this event their whole lives. The day finally came they were on the ship sailing to China. It would take a while to get there so they would have to settle in. It was about 2 months into the journey on a stormy wintery night when Oliver was just sitting down having dinner with some of the other riders on the ship mean while Lightning Bolt was in his stall on the boat. Suddenly the boat started getting out of control everyone started to panic. Unexpectedly a colossal waves as big as Mount Everest. Oliver rushed down to see if Lightning Bolt was OK. Luckily he was fine but straight after the enormous wave had hit they were ship wrecked on an island surrounded buy water. They unloaded all the horses to get some fresh air for the horses the only way to get off the horrible deserted island was to …..

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!