Tasha's New Car

Dan took Tasha for a ride, "well never reach the countryside."
She said "You're car is so old and slow, I'm just amazed that it can go!"
"My car is great," poor Dan said, while the other drivers zoomed ahead
And trailer trucks went racing by, "its old!" said Tasha with a sigh.
"An engine's what you really need, you're way below the highway speed
We'd get there faster if we walked," Dan just listened as she talked.
"This wreck can't even climb a hill, in fact we're almost standing still
The steering wheel's a real disgrace, an ant could beat us at this pace."
Months later, Tasha smiled and looked quite sweet, then she reached the cars front seat.
She held a note for Dan to see, "this says you can't ride with me."
Dan screamed, "you are the blame! Why did you make me sign my name?"
Then Tasha said "children, hop in here, I know a picnic place that's near."
"I have a cap for each of you," she said "now here is what we'll do
we'll buy some food along the way, and then we'll have a lovely day
Dan watched Tasha's car depart, he said "she thinks that she's so smart!"
He kicked the tire and hurt his toe, the fender fell he said "OH NO!!!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!