Candy Shop

On my way home from school I saw a new pretty pink shop at the end of Smith Street. It was called Peppa’s Candy Store and had plenty of attractive chocolates, lollies and candies. “I wish I could go into the candy shop.” I said to myself.
When I got home, I asked my dad, “Daddy, may I please go to the pretty pink candy shop on the corner of Smith Street?”
Dad looked worried. “Look Hannah, we are little down on money and those sweets are expensive, so I don’t think I will be able to take you there.”
I was disappointed that I couldn’t go to the candy shop.
On my way back from school the next day, I went to the park. I dropped my bag on the soft grass and headed for the swings. I swayed back and forth to make the swing move. Soon I was high up in the air.
I kicked the sand underneath my feet each time I touched the ground. On one of my kicks, I saw a piece of paper sticking out of the sand. I hopped off the swing and pulled out the piece of paper. I was shocked when I noticed that it was a $5 note.
I jumped to my feet and hurried to the candy shop.
I went inside the store and felt as if I was in a wonderland. There were rows and rows of delicious sweets in various shapes wrapped in numerous colours.
I made my way to the counter. “Hello,” I said in a soft voice. “I want to buy a chocolate that is not too costly, please.”
Leading me to the seventh row, the pretty lady whom I thought to be Peppa said, “This row has chocolates that cost less than $5. Why don’t you have a look around and find the one you like?”
I looked through this row and soon a splash of blue wrapping paper caught my attention. I took it carefully off the shelf. Water filled my mouth. I had a quick glance at the price, which was $4. I went to the counter and paid the money.
“Make sure you don’t eat it all at once,” said Peppa before I left the shop.
As soon as I stepped out of the store, I took a bite and could not resist eating it all up. I was hopping back to my house when I saw my leg turning bright blue in colour. I looked at my arms and they were the same. I peeped into the window of the next shop and was shocked to see my face had also turned blue! I was too worried to go home but as it was getting dark, I had no other choice.
Mum opened the door and I was confused why she didn’t ask me anything. I headed to the mirror in my room and was amazed to see my colour was back to normal.
Scary, I thought!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!