Painting The Clouds

Painting the Clouds
By Grace Starcevich


There was nothing, but a baby blue sky.

So I whipped out my paint brush and began to paint the clouds.

At first all they were, were fluffy specks of white among a sea of blue.

They then were painted larger, so they were no longer specks of white, but splodges of white here and there. The clouds were like cotton candy wading in pools of blue.

They seemed to disappear, here and there so I added hints of grey to make them more distinctive among each other.

Then I made the clouds grow and grow until there was nothing but a blanket of white that covered the sky.

But that wasn’t enough, so instead of adding more and more white, I covered the sky in grey.

I still wasn’t happy, so I added streams of black as the thunder rolled and slivers of yellow as the lightning cracked.

I added branches of purple as the storm isn’t at its end.

Then the sun is shown and it clears the mop of purple and black.

The storm is at its end now and all of the grey starts to fade.

The clouds are slowly shrinking now, until there are no more.

Now, there is nothing, but a baby blue sky.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!