Rain

The waves crashed in the background. Birds cried, trees swayed and for a moment all was silent. I remembered.

Everything was dark. Broken, shattered windows. Busted doors and a little girl sitting in the corner. I went up to Charlotte and asked what was wrong. I could see tears rolling down her face as she cried softly “Why?”

My mother tugged me and told me it was time to go. I followed in silence as the clouds rumbled overhead. Raindrops crashed on the window as we drove up the slippery road. It was a long drive and I fell asleep.

Charlotte told me how her parents had died in a car crash when she was just six months old. About how her only living relative, her uncle, was murdered. I tried to put myself in her eyes. The car tumbling off the road, the crying, the tears and three men dressed in black breaking down the door.

Charlotte looked over at me and smiled. Her past may have been corrupted but her future was looking bright.


By Jordan Russell

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!