Hayes And The Keyboard Catastrophe

“Mum!” groaned Tara over her work phone, “I hate this job, the only thing older than the antiques we’re selling are the people buying them. You should see this old bat I’m looking at!”
The old woman waiting patiently at the front of the counter plonked down the beautiful mirror she was holding and stormed off.
“Wait! I meant this old bat!” Tara held up an old baseball bat.
“Tara!” Yelled her boss, Mr Mike, “sell something or join the unemployment line!”
Tara sighed and looked around at the wooden antique store. The antiques were old, dusty and overpriced. Then she saw her friends Max, Kara and Hayes walk in.
“Please tell me you’re here to buy something!” pleaded Tara.
“Well, I am looking for a typewriter for a short stories competition,” replied Hayes.
“What about this?” asked Tara showing him to a typewriter covered in dust and cob webs.
“Let me test it,” replied Hayes.
He typed: Mickey Mouse entered the store. At that moment, someone dressed as Mickey Mouse entered the store. The friends stared in shock.
“The typewriter’s magic!” exclaimed Max.
“No way!” answered Kara.
Hayes typed: a pack of wolves entered the store. Suddenly, the local basketball team called the Wanneroo Wolves jogged into the store.
“That was just a coincidence,” Tara mumbled.
So Hayes typed: a giant plate of pancakes appeared in my hands.
Hayes bought the typewriter. After, they sat in the food court of the mall. Hayes gave Tara one million dollars, Max got an endless supply of chocolate and Kara got a Ferrari. Hayes’s enemy Travis walked past.
“Why does that delicious chocolate keep reappearing?” he asked suspiciously.
“ It doesn’t,” Max answered. Travis eyed him suspiciously but it blew over after a couple of seconds.
“Hayes, You’ll never win that competition,” smirked Travis.
“I’ll win because my typewriters magic!” he announced.
After realising what he had said he covered up by saying, “just kidding.”
That night Hayes locked the typewriter in his room but foolishly left the window open. Travis climbed a ladder to Hayes’s window and stole the typewriter.
“Travis took the typewriter!” Hayes cried, “I know because he dropped his phone on the floor!”
“I’m sure he doesn’t know it’s magic,” explained Kara.
Travis spent the whole week making the four miserable. Tara’s one million dollars disappeared, Kara’s car got seriously crashed and Max and Hayes switched bodies.
“This has got to stop!” shouted Max.
They all charged up to Travis when he was eating lunch.
“Give me my typewriter!” demanded Hayes.
“Only if you apologise for stealing idea of odd socks,” replied Travis.
“I’m sorry,” apologised Hayes, “that you’re such a sook over socks!”
“Fine,” Travis shrugged. He got up to put his rubbish in the bin leaving the typewriter alone. The friends noticed and quickly used it to cage Travis. Hayes typed: the typewriter disappeared forever. It did and everything that was typed was undone. The friends celebrated and it all went back to normal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!