The House Down The Road

‘The sound of finger nails running down the staircase railings, foot steps sounds coming closer and closer, the whole neighbourhood heard a loud female scream coming from the house down the road. But after that day that poor high school girl was never heard from again.’
‘I bet you that you just made that up, like just then.’ Mackenzie assumed.
‘Well the legend has it that she was dared by her best friend.’ Brooke explained.
‘Well I don’t believe you, even if you tried to convince me you will never get be to believe you.’ Mackenzie replied.
‘If you’re so sure, then I dare you to spend the night at that exact house, with no sim card which means you can only call 000.’ Brooke suggested.
‘Deal!’ Mackenzie agreed.

So they shocked on it and the day went on. Mackenzie and Brooke didn’t talk for the whole day Mackenzie knew Brooke would never act like that and just let her go in. Brooke knew that Mackenzie would never in her life say yes to stay the night at the exact house. Later that evening Mackenzie packed her bag with a torch, book, sleeping bag, food and her pocketknife and pepper spray. She went down to Brooke’s house and Brooke asked Mackenzie ‘are you sure you want to do this cause you don’t have to do it.’
‘I am doing it and you can’t stop me’ Mackenzie demanded.
Mackenzie slowly walked into the house, the door squeaked but that was because it was very old, she walked up the stairs and foots steps following her since she first stepped in the house. She got her pocketknife out of and turned around.
‘What are you doing with a knife in your hand!’ Brooke screamed.
‘The same thing you’re doing with a torch in your hand.’ Mackenzie shouted.
‘What are you doing here?’ They asked at the same time.
They both discussed about why they were there and spent night together at the house and explored the entire place top to bottom. Mackenzie and Brooke found a room that was locked and they could hear voices all over the house but no person in sight.

The locked room seemed very nice and clean like my room door.
‘Lets try open the door there might be things inside’ Brooke requested.
‘Well I have a bobby pin which should help cause in movies the always do it’ Mackenzie insisted.
‘I did it, now lets go in.’
Brooke went in first because she was much braver than Mackenzie. Inside had a bunk bed, a double, bathroom and a kitchen area. Mackenzie had to go to the toilet because she was heaps scared. As she walked in she saw four innocent people they had ripped clothes and socks.
‘Hello my name is Mackenzie and my friend is at the door, what are you doing here?’
‘Hey Brooke come over here there are others.’
‘Brooke…’
Mackenzie peeked over but Brooke had gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!