The Haunting


There once was a village known for its haunting stories. The village was called
Jimsville, named after the famous explorer who had discovered this breathtaking landscape. This was located in Australia (which was in the outback area). Near a dairy farm.

There was once a boy who lived in the village he was an orphan. He was called John Bobson, not much people had lived in Jimsville they believed it was haunted. When John was coming back from school he could see and old rusted shack that was surprisingly not removed. He went inside to check it out all that was there was a bed, a chair and table but not an ordinary table, it was made of metal and a strange diary or book was on the table.

He was curious to check it out (the book) it had a padlock and a note saying DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH! He thought why? Why would it say this it’s just a plain old book! He looked around to find a key that would match the padlock. The padlocks keyhole was shaped as a skull, which was strange. He thought how am I going to find a key like that, the Halloween shop?

Actually that might work luckily, I have $8 still left over from my jelly beans, lets go! After a walk to the Halloween shop. “Do you have any keys that match this strange looking book?”
“Yes sir we have one we found it in a chest underground you can have it. Its really useless to us now.”
“Does it cost money?”
“Four dollars its worth sir.”
“Deal”
“Would you like it in a bag”?
“No thanks.”"Good luck"

After a walk back to the old broken down shack. It’s time to see what’s in this strange book. Let’s place the key in the keyhole I’m so excited! What’s happening its turning green it’s a spell book! This is freaky hey there’s a spell to make the undead come back should I it’s not like it’s real. Okay lets test it undead. This green light came out of the book and headed to the graveyard this is real Ahhhh!
From a long distance I could see rotten hands coming out of the ground Zombies! What have I done if I didn’t find this stupid book none of this would’ve happened hey what if I reset the spell somehow. The zombies were eating everyone they were turning into zombies to and I’m next!
There has to be spells in here somewhere yes a reverse spell how do you say this. Zombies are bashing BANG the door; okay I’m fine it’s not like there is like 12 zombies bashing my door. There that should do it I put wooden planks on the door.
Okay reverse now please, wait what if I burn the book luckily I’ve got a lighter, okay here goes nothing. They all disappeared and turned to normal people. I’m never using that book again.It's gone.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!