The Adventures Of Will And Charlie

I was shuffling through bushes of the dark warm night with in the Malaysian rainforest, looking for the hidden Japanese base that seemed so close. Half my team was captured and the other half dead. I was lucky to escape. All that's left is me and Charlie, my little brother. We have been set to prevent the Japanese base from destroying the world.
Charlie and I were closer than ever. It was easy to tell that the base was hidden beneath the ground and only two guards stood at the front of a door covered in dirt,vines and rocks. They were wearing a uniform camouflaged with long grass. Charlie and I could have nearly walked straight into them.
"You take the one on the left while I take the one in the right," I whispered to Charlie.
There was no need. The guards had seen us. Bullets were flying every where! Eventually they stopped shooting.
"We must have gone out of site?" Charlie said in a soft voice. "Must have," I replied.
We continued walking while the guards continued a search for us.
We reached the hidden door and Charlie opened it in a slow movement, I then moved in, giving the all clear to Charlie. We walked down the carved stone steps that stretched beyond site. "The steps are really slippery," Charlie said, stating the obvious. "Wow, didn't know that," I said sarcastically.
Half way down the steps or what felt like half way Charlie slipped and knocked me as well. Next thing a knew Charlie and I were lying on the cold hard ground. The last thing I remembered was being half conscious and hearing a Japanese voice yelling at some soldiers.
I could feel the rusted jail bars digging into my skin as I woke up on the cold, damp floor. I then realised Charlie and I had been captured. Charlie was lying unconscious next to me. I tried to wake him up but he wouldn't budge.
All our supply had gone; water, food and weapons. At first I thought there was no escape. But soon enough I realised that there may be an escape after all. There was a guard with the keys that would open the cell. If I could get Charlie to cause a distraction maybe I could grab the keys. I just had to wake him up.
"Charlie wake up," I whispered . He slowly sat up revealing a cut along his face.
"Here's the plan: we're gonna get outa here. I need you to cause a distraction and I will grab the keys off of the guard and we're going to lock him in the cell, then make our escape," I said. Charlie agreed. "I would do anything to get out here. I'm scared Will," Charlie replied.
"You ready?" Charlie asked.
"Yep," I said.
"The explosives are set. Let's go," I said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!