Forest Island

FOREST ISLAND

On Christmas Eve, a sea dragon called Zappy, Web the sea turtle and Octo the octopus were trying to find presents for Web’s babies. They were looking for snow, weed and shells for Christmas on a forest island.
While Octo was taking the babies for a walk Web and Zappy were looking for presents for the babies.
Web was swimming around the island looking for weed. Zappy was flying to find the snow mountains. It was getting late. While Zappy was looking in the snow mountains, he met a white tiger called Snowy.
“What are you doing here?” asked Snowy.
“I’m looking for snow to make presents for my friends babies,” said Zappy, “can you help me?”
“OK,” said Snowy.
Zappy asked Snowy if he could find shells. Snowy went to the beach to find shells while Zappy kept looking at the snow.
Octo and the babies were playing in the forest. Suddenly the babies jumped over a log into a big, deep hole.
Octo quickly climbed the tree to look for help. Just then Web came out of the water with some weed and saw Octo calling for help. Web ran to see what was wrong.
Octo ran to the beach to see if he could find anyone to help while Web stayed with the babies.
Octo saw a white tiger (Snowy) and asked him for help.
“What’s wrong?” asked Snowy.
“My friend’s babies have fallen down a hole,” said Octo.
“Is he called Web and your other friend called Zappy?” asked Snowy.
Octo asked, “How did you know?”
“I met Zappy in the mountains and he told me to collect shells for Web’s babies.”
“Can you help the babies get out of a hole?” asked Octo.
“Yes,” said Snowy.
They ran back to Web. Zappy saw them running back to Web and flew down to see what was wrong.
“Hey Snowy and Octo,” said Zappy, “what’s wrong?”
“The babies fell down a hole,” said Octo.
Snowy got a big log and put it down the hole. He went down to show the babies a way out. He put one on his back to carry it out and then went back to carry the other two out.
“Thank you,” said Web.
Snowy helped them make presents for the babies and now he lives with them in the Forest Island.

Riley Blackham Age 8, Year 2
Ceduna Area School
14 Decres Bay Road, Ceduna SA 5690

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!