The Day My Life Was Different

I had that feeling, the one when you think or know someone is watching you. I turn around slowly when I hear the door squeak and there it sat, looking right at me in the eyes. It was blue and had 3 deep, dark eyes that looked sad. It was quite small about the size of an average sized lunch box and looked lost. Suddenly, it jumped behind my door. I took a step closer and it wined a little so I took a step back again. I went to my kitchen and got some water and lettuce. I had no clue what it liked to eat so I found what I could and put it all into a bowl in front of my bed. It hopped out but then out of nowhere it came..... The biggest shadow you would of ever seen coming from behind me. What could that be! “Oh hi mum. The creature disappeared in mid air when my mum walked in. She questioned about the lettuce in front of my bed but I just told her I was doing a school experiment. That morning I got a cold breeze through me wide open window. “I’m sure that was closed when I went to sleep?” I looked around a little, then realised that the creature I had in my room was still gone. So I went to school looking frantically through bushes for the creature, then it started to rain. I saw a figure in the distance. It looked like the creature, so already soaked I walked silently up behind the figure. It turned around and sprinted towards me. I put it in my bag and went to school. When it hit lunch break I went into my bag to get my lunch and nothing was there. I looked through my bag scarcely and found the creature. It was fat; straight away I knew it had eaten my lunch! When I got home I tried to sleep because of the long day ahead of me tomorrow. I heard this talking in my sleep. Wait, it was in my sleep I think? I woke up to see the creature on top of me. It was mumbling maths equations to its self. I said hello and to my surprise it said it back “ Hi, I have been watching you over a period of time and have discovered that I like lettuce and water and turkey and corn sandwiches are my faviroute!” So in the end I taught it more and more English until it was as though it was born with an English accent. I also told my mum and she said I should name it. So I asked it if it was a boy or girl. She said she was a girl so I named her Chloe. Chloe soon became my best friend and I became famous. The title of our duo it CHLOE AND THE GIRL FROM SPAIN!. Ever since life has never been the same!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!