The Horse, The Cow And The Kangaroo


A long, long time ago there was a little horse who lived in the outback. One day the horse saw a new but very interesting animal so she went over to it and asked, "Who are you?"
"I am the best looking animal around called a cow! How would you not know that?"replied the cow very selfishly.
"Oh! But I thought I was!"answered the horse in a very confused way.
"Ha, ha, ha! Very funny...NOT!!Why would YOU of all animals be the prettiest! There is allot, and I mean allot, of other animals who are prettier then you including ME!"he said in the RUDEST voice he had ever done to another animal.
"I could be prettier than you if I wanted! In fact I think I WILL! Now to just find some of that thing underneath you..."answered the horse.
"It's called an udder!!"replied the impatient and quite annoyed cow.
"and some black spots." finished the horse. So off she went to get an udder and some black paint for spots. When she got back to the cow he was fast asleep because it was night. The next morning the horse woke up and said," Hey! Wake up. I got the stuff, so now am I prettier than you, and one more question: Are your spots itchy?" wondered the horse while itching madly.
"No, you are still not prettier than me because your black spots they’re well, more like lines and no my spots are not itchy because they are real not fake like yours!" snorted the mean cow.
"What? But I thought your black spots were painted like mine?" wailed the sad horse. The next day a kangaroo bounded across and heard the horse wailing.”What’s wrong little horse? Are you hurt?”she asked.
“I’ m not hurt but these spots are really itchy and the plastic udder, well it looks really ugly and it’s very uncomfortable!” sniffed the poor horse in dismay.
“ I can fix that! Give me a second...I’ m back and I bought a bucket full of water from the nearest creek and some special berries. Now eat these berries and they will make you feel much better and then I’ll wash off the spots with the creek water, but promise me you will NEVER EVER try to be anyone other than yourself!!” replied the kangaroo.
“Ok” answered the horse happily. So the spots were washed off and the berries were eaten which stopped the itching and they all lived happily ever after.
The End
Written by Megan Smith









































FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!