Two Friends

Two Friends
Olivia woke up with a start because she had heard a most peculiar noise. She grabbed her dressing gown, shoved on her slippers and ran outside. She saw a sign and it said “Get dressed. Come on out”.

Olivia did as it said and got dressed a pink shirt and pair of shorts, grabbed her camera and binoculars, ran outside, put on some shoes and grabbed hold of the sign. It went up and up and up. Soon she could make out Claudia (her BFF) waving her inside a big red and white helicopter. She took her hand and walked inside. Olivia was amazed. Her whole bedroom was in there. She opened the door and there was her bedroom and Claudia’s joined together. There was a wall with a door shaped hole and there was Claudia! She ran up to Olivia and they hugged each other. But Olivia noticed something different. There was another cupboard so Olivia went over to the cupboard and opened it. It had five shelves filled with food. Olivia asked Claudia “What happens when we eat all the food in the cupboard?” “It refills by itself” answered Claudia “and it can turn itself into a handbag. So if we get lost and we have it we can still eat and drink” “Wow!” said Olivia. “Let’s eat because I am very hungry”. They ate bananas and pancakes.

Once the helicopter landed, Olivia and Claudia were trying to turn the cupboards into handbags. Olivia and Claudia were pushing the cupboards and finally …. BOOM! Out of the dust was an aqua blue bag with red spots and a rainbow handle and Claudia was holding a bag exactly the same. They set off for a walk. Soon they came to a dress stall. “I feel like I am in a rainforest”. Then they saw nothing but a flash of colour everywhere. Soon they came floating down into a rainforest. They saw a parrot with his mate and chicks. They saw monkeys and a gorilla.

“Why don’t we go to Paris?” They said “Paris” together and floated down into Paris. First they climbed the Eifel tower and had a croissant each. They went to an art gallery. Then Claudia said “Let’s go to China”. They went to a Chinese zoo. They fed some baby pandas and were looking at some monkeys when Olivia spotted the Great Wall of China. They climbed the Great Wall and went to a lookout and saw all of China.

Claudia looked at her watch then suddenly said “Gee, it’s time to go back to the helicopter to go home”. They both said “helicopter home” and they were back sitting on Claudia’s bed. After a little pause, Olivia said “I wish we lived together in the helicopter for the rest of our lives.” “Me too” Claudia answered “but our family needs us. We can be pen pals”. They hugged each other goodbye and appeared in their own homes.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!