The Dragon

As I enter the dark, terrifying castle I smell and see the dead bodies
scattered everywhere. All I had to do was get past that red and blue dragon and I’d win it all. I step with no fear, I am confident. I hear the dragon roaring ready to scoff down another human. I close my eyes and wish for the best. I enter the lair of the spine-chilling dragon. It stares at me; I bring out my diamond sword to battle heroically against the horrifying dragon. It tries to scratch me all over but I stab its hand and the petrifying dragon yelps. His hand was on the ground so I decide climb up its arm to go to his eyes. I’m now on its humongous shoulder and I get a perfect view of the treasure in the tall tower. The body-breaking dragon is trying to knock me off his gigantic shoulder. I’m travelling to its eyes but it shakes its head and throws me off back to the ground where I land in a spill of someone else’s red blood. I’m now drenched in blood and feel so cold.
The dragon breathed fire at me but I dodged behind a brick pole in the castles tower just in time. The dragon starts chasing me to the steaming lava pit that was rapidly throwing lava balls into the spooky night sky. I’m telling myself I need to get inside the castle not out of it. The dragon swings its tail and takes me for a ride to the top of the castle but before the dragon can make it to the top of the towering castle I jump onto the sharp spiked tailed dragons back and it doesn’t notice that I’m gone. The dragon can’t feel me on its back; I hammer down my sword into its spine. The dragon starts bolting around in circles, which starts making me become dizzy. I fall off the dragons back and crash to the ground.
I swore I’d never give up so that’s what I’m going to do. I head straight to the drawbridge…
I’m so angry. I yell so loud to the dragon it blows me all the way to the lava. However, the dragon has wings so it flew out from the lava ditch and stormed at me. I run for my life like never before and I gain-access to the castle I hear a racket behind me. I reach the rusty stairs; I take two steps at a time to help me reach the top briskly. I’m not done with the dragon yet. It rises up to my level. It’s now or never. I force the diamond sword into its eye. It starts wobbling around like jelly and falls to the ground. “I’ve killed the dragon, I’ve killed the dragon, all the treasure is mine.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!