Getting Out Of Bed On The Wrong Side

Today I had the worst day ever! 7:00 in the morning my alarm went off and scared the daylight out of me and then I hit my head on my desk and fell out of bed. Suddenly mum came barging in saying I’ve got 20 minutes to get ready. OH SNAP! So I got up and ran to the bathroom to have a shower but I couldn’t find my shampoo so I used dad’s, but when I wasn’t looking my annoying brother jack swapped it to hair remover. I got out of the shower and I saw a bald patch on top of my head! I tried to fix it but I ended with dreadlocks!
But I had no time. I got dressed and went down stairs to have breakfast. I ended up having cereal and chunky milk. Oh yeah, I remember having left half of it for Santa to drink. I walked to the bus stop. I waited an hour for it; It didn’t arrive so I had to walk 5 kilometres in to school.
When I got to school the grumpiest teacher in the school, Mrs Fisher, yelled at me for being late in front of my crush, Luke. She also told me I had to do 5 more lots of homework for missing my geometry test. After I had finished those 5 lots of homework, we went to the gym and we had to make up a little dance routine. I teamed up with my BFFs Jessica and Maddy. I had to choose a cd in the box; luckily it was the last one. We practised without the music, until it was our turn. I couldn’t believe it, no wonder it was the last one the box because it was ‘Thriller’ by Michael Jackson! We did these zombie moves for the whole dance. And guess what? We got an F! My BFFs just ditched me for embarrassing them like that.
We had a spelling test after gym and the classroom bully was throwing a paper ball at me. I threw it back when Mrs Parkston turned around and totally lost it. I ended up in detention. At lunch I tripped over someone’s handbag and the first thing I knew there was yogurt and spaghetti Bolignaise all over my face. The only spot to sit was next to this nerd. After an embarrassing lunch, Mr Rankin talked about snails for 1 and a half hours. He made us do a little project on them.
When I got home, I went upstairs to write in my dairy but it wasn’t there. I looked and looked for it until I saw my dog outside doing its business on it. When mum and dad got home from work they decided to watch a crusty demon movie with Jack my brother, so Molly [my 3 year old sister] and I went to bed. After about half an hour, Molly started to cry because she was scared of the butterflies on the wall so she hopped into bed with me. Twenty minutes later she was sleep talking about fairies and in my mind I was like - I hate fairies!
The next morning I woke up relieved that day was over but I knew it would come again. OH JOLLY!
Charlotte McGillivray
Gr. 4 - Gunbower Primary School

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!