George The Shrimp

In the heart of the Pacific Ocean, lived a little red shrimp named George. But George was way beyond little, he was microscopic! One day, George was eating his favourite breakfast, Admiral Coral,when he saw some writing on the box. No,it wasn't the ingredients, it was a competition. George's older sister, Jasmine, spied George reading about the competition. "What you readin', shrimp?" Jasmine said as she snatched the cereal box off George. "Hmm,a talent competition eh. And the winner gets to go on T.V. I better enter, since I'm the important one and all." "Jasmine, give it back!" George demanded, although it was hard to take George seriously because he was microscopic. "In your dreams, twerp." Jasmine smirked evilly as she went to enter the talent competition.
George was furious! He had to enter that competition! His life depended on it! So George gathered up his orange pet octopus John, his Duck-Tape, his scissors and his stationery.
"Okay Georgie." George muttered to himself. "It's time to bring in the big guns!" George held John out and squirted a bit of ink out of him. "Locked,loaded,and Loony!" George exclaimed. "Hey! There you are!" Said a deep voice. George heard scuttling. "Who... Who... Who's there?" George asked frightened. Then, about three seconds after that, George saw nothing.
When George awoke, he was surrounded by a blinding light and big buff crabs in tuxedos. "Who, who are you?" is all George was able to mutter. "We're the B.B.G.A." said a crab. "The B.B.G.A.!?!" George said confused. "Hey! that's the tenth B.B.G.A. question today. Put that up on the tally Georgina!" Said another crab. Suddenly, a pink shrimp with wavey dark chocolate hair swam out with a piece of chalk.
You know when you see the last chocolate brownie and you know it's your's, that's what George felt, not with the brownies or the B.B.G.A. agents, but with Georgina. "Hi" Georgina said in a flirtatious voice to George. Anyway, back on track, the crabs answered the question."It's classified, but we're stupid enough to tell you, the B.B.G.A. stands for the Big Bad Guy Association." After that, there was a loud squeaking noise. "John!" George screamed with delight "Sick em' crustacean!" Then faster than you could say supercalifragilisticexpeallodocous, John had drenched the B.B.G.A agents in black bubbly ink and rescued George. "John." George began to ask. John gave out a gurgle that answered yes. "Could you also collect that shrimp down there, it was kinda love at first sight." John swam down and collected Georgina as the trio headed towards Sea-Shell Stadium for the talent competition.
The next thing George knew was that he was hurtling towards the clam covered walls of Sea-Shell stadium at almost a hundred kilometres per hour. They blurted through the clams and knocked Jasmine off the stage as Georges Duck-Tape wrapped itself around Jasmines mouth, the scissors sliced off the remaining Duck-Tape and the pencils drew a picture on the paper in the air. as the paper landed flat on the stage, the trio were floating right beside the drawing. It just so happens that the picture was exactly the same as the trios pose. The three judges gasped in amazement as if all they knew were how to clap and breathe.
A fortnight later, George, Georgina and Scooter, formally known as John, had become humungous television celebrity's, especially Scooter, who collected a lot more fame after changing his name. Yep, George's life had certainly turned upside down after reading a competition on a cereal box. In the end, the Pacific Ocean had never been the same, except for, well, pretty much everything.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!